NSCC Employee Reviews

Office Administration
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NSOctober 6, 2015
I learned a lot about myself by going into this program, i learned if i put my mind to something i can achieve it. The teachers were amazing and my class mates all became pretty close.

completing this program was one of my greatest achievements
Productive, casual but professional office setting.
MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 28, 2012
I learned many aspects to what goes on behind the scenes of running a college and advertising for your target audience. A typical day was doing a lot on the computer, whether it was proof reading, researching or helping with spreadsheets. Some days I would just help out wherever needed within the college and I was even given some guidance in my preferred field of work (art/photography) I was given the opportunity to join in creative meetings.

My co-workers were great, friendly, respectful.

I think the hardest part of my job was actually getting there 5 days a week, the bus ride from Cole Harbour to North End of Halifax was quite the trip.
Pros
guidance, experience, knowledge, freedom, good pay
Cons
travel
Great place to learn.
Student (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 2, 2012
Hands on learning for those breaking into the Power Engineering trade. The shop had all the components of a regular operation and as students we were given total independence in running the shop, which included two boilers, a feedwater heater, chemical pumps, steam turbine and engine as well as a steam header and all other components of a regular steam operation.
Amazing company to work for!
Facilities Maintenance Summer Student Position (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 28, 2014
There was no typical day at work, everyday in facility's you were doing something different or came into work knowing you had something to work towards completing. I learned how to do a lot of things at work; basically how to clean everything and anything. The management was very laid back as long as the work got done and very enjoyable. Everyone in the building was very friendly and had a lot of great personalities meshing together to create a wonderful environment. The hardest part was definitely getting up so early and doing such hard work, at the end of every work day I was exhausted. The best part was actually enjoying my job and the feeling of accomplishment from all the work completed.
Pros
random lunches, great people, and close location
Cons
very hard work, some really nasty things had to be cleaned, ruined a lot of clothing
five stars for sure
Provided Apprenticeship training (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Nova ScotiaNovember 27, 2012
excellent work environment good people and excellent pay and benefits
Pros
safe work environment
Really enjoyed my time there
Auxiliary Faculty (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 13, 2014
Staff and Management helpful.
Good experience with students
Pros
learn new things.