We are looking for a highly motivated Electrical and Instrumentation Technician who wants to take a leadership role in developing an E and I preventative maintenance program.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Plant Services, the technician installs, maintains, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and calibrates all electrical and instrumentation systems associated with the manufacturing plant.
- Performs preventative maintenance and calibrations of all site instrumentation and electrical systems.
- Troubleshoots & repairs non-functioning or malfunctioning equipment.
- Reads and interprets schematics, instrument and electrical wiring diagrams and specifications.
- Interprets the electrical code and provides guidance to peers on electrical and control system design and safety
- Prepares all required work related documentation in a timely manner.
- Installs, I/O checks and commissions new equipment.
- Provides training to operations and contractors on the proper use and maintenance of electrical and instrument equipment.
- High school diploma
- Certification through an approved electrical or instrumentation apprenticeship journeyman level program or equivalent. 442A Industrial Electrician and/or 447A Instrumentation & Control Technician certification preferred.
- A minimum of 4-5 years instrumentation and electrical technician experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Practical experience in electronics, test equipment, and electrical systems (voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Practical experience in installing and troubleshooting instrumentation transmitters (level, temperature, pressure, flow) including the use of HART communication protocols.
- Knowledge and experience in electrical distribution, sub-stations, power transformers and motor control switchgear (up to l5kv).
- Knowledge and experience in installation, programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley programmable logic controllers (PLC’s).
- Knowledge and experience in distributed control systems.
- Strong analytical and mechanical skills and aptitude.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and remain productive while under minimal supervision.
- Orders parts and supplies, both standard inventory stock or job-specific
- Proficient in computer applications including MS Windows and MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), keep required work schedules, prioritize work schedules, and focus attention on details.
Novozymes Canada Limited specializes in the commercial manufacturing of more than 20 different products sold across pulp and paper,...