We are looking for a highly motivated Electrical and Instrumentation Technician who wants to take a leadership role in developing an E and I preventative maintenance program.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Plant Services, the technician installs, maintains, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and calibrates all electrical and instrumentation systems associated with the manufacturing plant.
- Performs preventative maintenance and calibrations of all site instrumentation and electrical systems.
- Troubleshoots & repairs non-functioning or malfunctioning equipment.
- Reads and interprets schematics, instrument and electrical wiring diagrams and specifications.
- Interprets the electrical code and provides guidance to peers on electrical and control system design and safety
- Prepares all required work related documentation in a timely manner.
- Installs, I/O checks and commissions new equipment.
- Provides training to operations and contractors on the proper use and maintenance of electrical and instrument equipment.
- High school diploma
- Certification through an approved electrical or instrumentation apprenticeship journeyman level program or equivalent. 442A Industrial Electrician and/or 447A Instrumentation & Control Technician certification preferred.
- A minimum of 4-5 years instrumentation and electrical technician experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Practical experience in electronics, test equipment, and electrical systems (voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Practical experience in installing and troubleshooting instrumentation transmitters (level, temperature, pressure, flow) including the use of HART communication protocols.
- Knowledge and experience in electrical distribution, sub-stations, power transformers and motor control switchgear (up to l5kv).
- Knowledge and experience in installation, programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley programmable logic controllers (PLC’s).
- Knowledge and experience in distributed control systems.
- Strong analytical and mechanical skills and aptitude.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and remain productive while under minimal supervision.
- Orders parts and supplies, both standard inventory stock or job-specific
- Proficient in computer applications including MS Windows and MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), keep required work schedules, prioritize work schedules, and focus attention on details.
Indeed - 14 months ago