Novell

Novell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place but ended abrupt
Partner Manager (Former Employee), ottawaJune 12, 2012
Pros: compensation, travel, new self education.
Cons: cut short
Too good to last. Had mandate to produce 9which was on tract) , indepenence, travel, oartners willing to meet.
Unknown future
Category Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: the love of technology
Cons: after buying suse linux, they started down a marketing path and sold out
The future of Novell technologies is unknown. With the sale of IP information to a consortium in 2010, it's still not clear what Novell technology is owned or marketable.

The hardest part of the job was also fun, the perpetual learning of new technologies. Protocols, security, identity, workflow, operating systems and more. Not a boring day went by.
3rd shift work
Interim Technology (Former Employee), Independence OhioSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: no permanent contract
Cons: long hours 3rd shift
Basically contracted on 3rd shift so hardly seen management long hours so-so management The management could not hire or retain permanent workers so it turned to Interim Technology. A lot of problems at these places were due to Managers who should not have been placed in these positions are not qualified. Example a good manager would have rotated workers – more... so that they are feeling valuable and learning new skills. – less
A good server operating system.
MICROSOFT NT/2000 SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Whiting, IN.July 27, 2014
A ggod server-based distributed client operating system for file/application sharing.
IT Manager
IT Manager (Current Employee), CambridgeJune 19, 2014
Pros: great environment fun people
Cons: bad management at a level that impacts on departments
Can be very demanding and also rewarding - inter departmental politics could and can become an issue on a daily basis. Management Team above current position needs to be reviewed - co-workers are under stress to meet demands with little support. Hardest part is working through the communications to provided what the company wants when and where.

Most – more... enjoyable part is delivery on time and within budget – less
Excellent to work for. Friendly, good growth opportunites, good rewards
Software Test Engineer II (Former Employee), Provo, UTMay 24, 2014
Pros: great facility, good people, rewarding job
Cons: interdepartment conflicts, poor project coordination
Novell was my most favorite company to work for. I loved their NetWare technology. I loved my job doing disk driver certifications.
I miss working there. I learned a lot and enjoyed servicing third party companies.
Great Company
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 19, 2014
Most enjoyable part of my job was the team. Many advancement opportunities
Writing report for Novel all over the world.
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Provo UtahMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great working with good people.
Cons: novels finical problems.
Designed Crystal reports to be viewed world wide.

Management would always provide the correct specks.

Co workers always appreciate the report that I wrote.

Most enjoyable was completing the reports.
Novell is an energetic work environment
National Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: management and employment churn for the last few years
The company has a long standing history of being a great place to work. In recent years we were acquired and have lost a great deal of employee moral.
19 years of service at Novell
Senior Corporate Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 22, 2014
I have learned so much during my time here, the people and experiences are invaluable. I have had the opportunity to travel to many parts of the globe in spreading the Novell story to customers,developers and partners.

It is challenging at times to make our revenue targets but exciting in that everyone rallies to one cause. Our customer base is so – more... loyal and it is great having direct and honest conversations with them.

The best part of the job is being part of a process that delights our customers, we try to make right by what we promise with our products and services. I have made life long friendships while working hard on spreading the Novell brand. – less
Great people and worklife balance, horrible management and job security
Product Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: gym, time off
Cons: culture, job security, growth potential
Typical day is a lot of work with no funding to support it. Although teams and individuals have great ideas, the organization's ability to invest, develop and sell is non-existent, which leaves a lot of unfruitful ideas and suppresses innovation.
A good, first internship experience
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Beijing, ChinaJanuary 5, 2014
My first intern experience. Overall nice workplace, but the initial projects for new interns were not too challenging or engaging. All in all a good summer and learned about the workplace environment.
A superb place to work.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: serious about work/life balance and no trouble advancing.
Cons: they had a chance to buy nextstep from jobs and passed on it. i'm guessing that they regret that.
Working for Novell was a pleasure.

I would be surprised to find that someone has a bad experience there.
we do not have ping pong, fuzeball or pool table (anymore) but still a good place to work
H.R. Associtate (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: flexibility, the job it's self and the people
Cons: long ride to work on 128 congested traffic every day. not to much room for advancement here anymore
The office here at novell is a good environment and overall good place to work. We are busy all day and we all get along lovely, management is very flexible there are a lot of Pro's to consider working here.
Good people.
Technical Support Engineer / Developer (Current Employee), Provo, UTOctober 15, 2013
Novell is a good place to work. You will learn a LOT very quickly.
Company was not able to handle great number of applications
Software QA Engineer (Former Employee), Scotts Valley, CAApril 29, 2013
I was working for Quattro Pro team: the team was developing the best product on the market at the time I worked for the company.
The Company Management was not able to compete on the market and had to sell winning applications.
Positive atmosphere for work
CUSTOMER RESPONSE REPRESENTATIVE / NCC SUPPORT (Current Employee), Provo, UTApril 22, 2013
• Answer incoming phone calls
• Field callers to perspective sales agents
• Answer questions for different/specific BU
• Create leads
• Assist customers with Novell Customer Center issues
• Assist customers with licensing support
Great workplace - doesn't get better.
Architect / software engineer (Current Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: top notch office space / vacation time
Cons: vision problems / overburdened with management
Great office space! has cafeteria, exercise facilities, and lots of great people. Has been a great learning/working environment that gives ample vacation benefits and time off
Productive and fun work place with fooze ball table
Intern (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaAugust 22, 2012
Work is great along with ample scope for learning and growth. Co-workers as well as management is supporting, understanding and jovial.
Hardest part of the job was no training and being posed directly on the job, but you learn more and get used to it.
good co
Software Development Manager (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: good
Cons: good
Managed the transformation development group, including design, documentation and release of application packages on Windows 3.1x. Designed and programmed graphical user Interfaces for the PIM (Personal Information Manager) applications using C++ and C under Windows 3.1x.