Novelis

Novelis Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great organization with strong values on sustainability.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work and grow. Focus on environmental responsibilty is truly impressive.
Older Family
Electrical Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 25, 2014
Most of the people that work here are people that have worked here most of their life. They are just starting to get more and more youth for innovation.
Great potential
Business Integration Director (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2014
- Great potential for future growth
- Improving brand image
productive, safe workplace
Laborer (Former Employee), greensboro, gaJanuary 30, 2014
on a typical day at work consisted of cleaning, laying concrete, and organizing work tools. i really enjoyed it.
Regional Reliability Intern
Reliability & Maintainability Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good structured reliability program
My internship had me working in the Regional Reliability department. There I learned about their reliability practices and how to communicate those throughout the company. I also worked with the plants in the region to develop new reliability practices in the company. The hardest part of the internship was getting all the information I needed from the – more... already very busy plant managers. – less
Decent work environment. Typical political non-sense.
Temp Service - Matrix (Current Employee), Oswego, NYAugust 22, 2013
Hot and dirty. Some co workers are absolutely useless. Management is a joke. Most enjoyable part is leaving at end of shift. Terrible pay.
Spent 30 years in one place
Hotline and Remelt Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), South WalesAugust 9, 2013
Pros: settled in the position
Cons: could be called out at any time
Went from apprentice to shift electrician to area engineer. Knew people and process intimately. Always something new to learn
Productive with clear job requirements and trust in each other
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Bridgnorth, ENGJuly 15, 2013
Pros: pension scheme, paycare health scheme
Cons: changes in management
I work 12 hour shifts, days and nights on three shift patterns. I am responsible for final production of confectionery foil, slitting down to customer led specifications by following job card instructions. I ensure 100% quality is maintained before releasing the material for dispatch to the customer. I use both slitting and rewind machines and regularly – more... achieve above average production targets.
I have learnt to use several different slitting and rewinding machines.
The management has been inconsistent. I have never had the same managers in charge for more than a year or two.
The work force get on well together and partake in social events together.
The hardest part of the job is ensuring that the material which comes from the printing department is to customer requirements, 100% quality, You have to keep a close eye on the material when running on the slitting machine to ensure it meets the specification/job card.
It is a relaxing atmosphere, everyone gets on and you are entrusted with getting on with the job and taking appropriate action when quality standards are not met, i.e. making managers aware. – less
on nights got to keep all the mills running while boss was home asleep
metal testing lab (Former Employee), Oswego, NYJuly 11, 2013
Pros: got to be our own boss
Cons: heavy lifting 12 hour shifts
Loaded a truck with roll to go to Canada to be chrome plated took apart and assembled roll units as the mills changed units due wear
and tear.used and tools air wrenches and crane to lift heavy parts.
Novelis Cover Letter
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Berea, KYJune 4, 2013
During my first year at Novelis, I started my employment with the goal of obtaining general plant and process knowledge. I was fortunate to partner with experienced plant technicians who provided me with hands-on experience and real world knowledge of the operational process. The knowledge that I gained from working with the technicians was invaluable, – more... and could not be achieved in a classroom setting.

Upon establishing a fundamental understanding of the plant and process, I was provided the opportunity to manage increasingly challenging projects and responsibilities. As the project lead to improve the reliability and safety of the plant’s mobile equipment fleet, I gained continued knowledge in reliability engineering in addition to experience in continuous improvement, procurement, finance, and EHS. I have nearly eliminated the plant downtime associated with mobile equipment by introducing a redundant system and engineering for reliability.

During my second year at Novelis, I am faced with ever increasing opportunities and challenges. Currently, I am the project liaison for three major projects during the scheduled 2013 May Annual Outage. These projects include the implementation of new process equipment and dust collection equipment as well as roof replacement. I have worked closely with procurement and accounting to ensure that the purchase orders are sent and funds are paid on time. Also, I have been working with a team to ensure that nothing has been overlooked on the planning schedule so everything will run smoothly during the outage. – less
productive and fun place to work at.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, GAMay 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
unloading trucks at work. learned how to assist with different elements of the job. management was okay.they never involved the workers.co-workers were okay. the hardest part of the job was dealing with different personalities.the most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to use a computer.
I worked there as a temporary employee.
Blender/Crusher Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, GAMarch 29, 2013
I learne how to operate a bobcat at Novelis. It was a challenging job and given the chance I would like to go back.
BI Director
Business Intelligence Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2013
Company has been going thru a major SAP implementation. It is going to be a 4-5 year effort.
Aluminum plant with high temperatures
Casting Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, GAJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: days off during the week
Cons: short breaks
Hard work and using computer. Shift work 12 1/2 hours five on two off one week. Next week two on five off. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat, Some co-workers are good and some are bad.Management does not listen to employee complaints to resolve issues.
Caring people and fantastic benefits and opportunities
Administrative Assistant - EHS (Current Employee), Oswego, NYDecember 13, 2012
Pros: cafeterias on site; safety utmost importance at all times in all jobs
Cons: i am temp employee hoping to get hired!
The people at Novelis are very carig and the benefits are fantastic!
A good place to work.
slitter (Former Employee), BridgnorthNovember 1, 2012
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: long hours
Enjoyed working for this company, however, the hours per shift were too long (12 hours. Workmates were very friendly and helpful. I loved working nights because we just had to get on with it with minimum stoppages for meetings or other duties.
Fun place to work
Helpdesk Support Coordinator 2 (Former Employee), Buckhead, GAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: heavy traffic area
Good place to work and very good co workers.
Clean work inviroment
good people
Machine / Mill Operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2012
Pros: good pay, great benefits
Cons: plant closed
best co workers I ever had.. I loved it there, lots of overtime, good schedule,
uma otima empresa para trabalhar
porteiro (Former Employee), Pindamonhangaba, SPFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: otima
Cons: fornece vale refeição
muito bom trabalhar na novelis , aprendi a trabalhar focado com metas e atitudes para melhor atender o cliente , muito boa a equipe de trabalho com colegas focados , a parte mais dificil do trabalho er a quando atrasava o descarregamento de materiais , a parte mais agradavel era o mabiente em si muito bom para trabalhar
Local Competitivo
Analista de Sistemas Junior (Current Employee), Pindamonhangaba, SPDecember 3, 2013
Pros: clima na equipe
Cons: plantão com banco de horas
clima muito bom , excelentes companheiros de trabalho , manufatura com targets altos força você a se dedicar e extrai o melhor do funcionário .

muitos desafios