Novelis

Novelis Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Enviroment
Mechanic/Set-Up (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches occasionally
Cons: standing most of the time
At this job, you are most of the time in solitude at your own machine/press making sure that the machine is fully operational and that the product it produces is 100%. I have learned to be my "own boss" in this situation and how to deal with great responsibilities on my own. My management and co-workers were great to work with.
Productive and enjoyable staff to work with.
Personnel Administrator (Former Employee), Kingston, OntarioMay 30, 2013
Pros: worked at a world-class research facility with some brilliant researchers from all over the world.
Cons: our facility is closing end of july 2013 and the research is being moved to the us.
Administered employee benefits and dealt with employee concerns on a daily basis. During my 32+ years with Novelis (formerly Alcan), I have gained valuable knowledge in administration, human resources and worked with many different managers over my career. The employee workforce was quite diverse, with people from all over the world. It was a great experience to learn about their cultures and also to help them adjust to Canadian life. During my time with Novelis, the Kingston site went through quite a bit of restructuring. It was very difficult to see colleagues and friends losing their job. It was also difficult to deal with the announcement that the site would be closing in July 2013. The most enjoyable part of working for Novelis was helping organize all of the special events and helping to implement a Wellness Program and upgrading the fitness centre.
Fermeture de l'usine
Contrôleur (Former Employee), Jonquière, QuébecMarch 21, 2013
J'étais responsable de tout le fonctionnement du département comptable. Relation avec le siège social situé à Atlanta et avec la direction locale.

Malgré des performances extraordinaires, la direction américaine a décidé de transféré la production à Oswego (état de New-York).