Novartis

Novartis Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Servicing Customers
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2014
My job consist of servicing customers by sharing educational information and sample drugs to help benefit their patients. This is conducted through Office Calls, Lunch and Learns and Speaker Programs
Not enjoyable
Pharmaceutical Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 17, 2014
Not a fun place to work. Expectations were in your ear at a feverish pitch. Very difficult to stay balanced in that atmosphere.
great company
Senior Care Specialist- Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2014
I had wonderful co-workers here.
I grew a lot in my professional sales career.
Pharmacy Information Specialist CIC Department
Pharmacy Information Specialist CIC Department (Former Employee), new jerseyJanuary 16, 2014
• Provided accurate product FAQ's to Novartis patients, in-house pharmacists and healthcare providers
• Handled daily usage of Medicus Siebel 7 LIVE Production, AQWA Production, AEGIS, and Safety & Compliance
• Performed administrative and clerical duties
• Answered inbound calls, strong knowledge of Adverse Event reporting and technical complaints
 – more... Interacted with complainants and retrieved information to document complaints
• Completed all investigation within the established time
• Handled written/verbal correspondence with healthcare providers, pharmacists, patients and colleagues Implemented new strategies to management to enhance helpful learning tips – less
Open and supportive environment
Application Developer II (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: subsidized cafeteria, subsidized transit pass
Small company feel at a major multi-national corporation. Lots of collaboration and support among colleagues.
A confused organization that makes it's profit numbers
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, IlJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: culture and lack of effective leadership
A frustrating and confused organization with frequently changing top management. Many documented failures trying to bring new products into the pipeline. The company has had a RIF of 20-60% in different divisions every year for the past 6 years. Pay and benefits are top tier but opportunities for advancement are slim, especially for management roles.
eLearning Specialist/Project Manager
eLearning Specialist (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 10, 2014
Excellent environment and people. Enjoyed my work function.
some good people; very distributed and "remote" management
system administrator (Current Employee), emeryville, caJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: good parties, great co-workers
Cons: far away management; duplicity; non-direct communication
Novartis in US, in Emeryville specifically, was a fun environment. Well thought out, but badly implemented projects, however, were the norm; communication was totally top down and from afar; co-workers were very nice, informed and smart.
A typical day at work:
Administrative Assistant III (Contract) (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAJanuary 7, 2014
First thing in the morning check email. Tracking signature for speaker letters. Making accommodation for the speaker. Work on the agenda for the speaker. Schedule and send meeting invites to attendees. Reserve conferences, request AV set up and order lunch. Get request to schedule meeting.
Productive Workplace
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 6, 2014
Cons: laid off and can't return to company after accepting benefits package
Company provided good benefits. They had a great work/home balance program and believed in diversity.
Good workplace
SAP Security Consultant (Current Employee), KAJanuary 5, 2014
Good work place, nice colleagues, co-workers are very helpfull
Returns Supervisor (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJDecember 30, 2013
Managed a group of data entry personal.
Loved working with the crew in the warehouse.
Hardest part of the job was getting answers and information from management.
Novartis cares about it's customers
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJDecember 27, 2013
Pros: learning new things
Cons: my position being eliminated
My position at Novartis was supporting Global Development HR. While I had never worked in HR before I found myself learning many new things (such as processing I9s and uploading them to the governments site and setting up employees PKI certificates) It was fast paced and ever changing. The hardest part of this position is that I learned that HR was – more... not the right place for me. Prior to working in the Parma division I was supporting project managers in the consumer division. My career has been predominantly supporting project managers.
The most enjoyable part of working in Global Development HR was helping many new employees and my team. My co-workers were great to support and fun to work with. Typically my day would be managing calendars, setting up meetings (regular and video), handling both international and domestic travel, taking care of expense reports, setting up temporary employees for our department and general administrative tasks. – less
We had a great team before the plant closed.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNDecember 26, 2013
Everyone knew what to do and how to do it. They were all very professional.
A fun and great place to work, the people were amazing
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Emeryville, CADecember 20, 2013
Pros: nice and friendly staff, great working environment, great learning experience
1) On a typical day what I did was answer the telephone and take messages. I also entered contracts into the company's database in order to keep track of all the records and I helped maintain the physical copies of all the contracts in the file room. Another task I was responsible for during most days were help index boxes with files that needed to – more... be sent offsite for offsite storage. I also helped make copies of documents whenever necessary. I also helped put together binders, packages, and various handouts upcoming meetings and or cases (whenever necessary)

2) During my time at this job I learned many things, the first and the most important thing I learned was how be a more responsible person in terms of being able to manage my time wisely in order to meet deadlines for the various projects assigned to me. the second thing learned was how to properly keep track of important records. I also learned how to use new database systems that I was not aware of prior to being hired for the job. I learned how to use database system called E-Counsel/Data Cert.

3) Management was pretty good. I like how smoothly the department ran. There's not much I can complain about.

4) My co-workers the people were extremely nice and friendly. They took care of one another as if they were one great big family. I can definitely say that they took care of me during the time I worked with them/for them. Everyone was always willing to lend a helping hand.

5) I can't think of a single thing that I found to be the most difficult part of the job. Everything was pretty straight forward or fairly easy once someone explained to me what I needed to do.

6) The most enjoyable part of the job was simply being around all of my co-workers. It's very rare for an employee to find a job that they truly enjoy and as well the people they work with. I'm glad I had the opportunity to work for this company because I gained a lot of knowledge through my experience here and also gained life long friendships with many of my co-workers. – less
1. Working as product specialist at Novartis pharmaceutical from Jan 2010 till now.
Key account manager (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01December 18, 2013
2. Working as medical rep. at Abbott medical nutrition from Feb2009 to Dec 2009.
3. Working as medical rep. at Maeil dairy industry from March 2006 to Jan 2009.
4. Participate in the of Major lunches for international strategic products:
5. Starlix, Co-diovan and catafast
6. – more... Working as medical rep. at Novartis pharmaceutical from Dec 2001 to Feb 2006.
7. Working as medical rep. at M.S.D Pharmaceutical from July 2001 to Dec 2001.

Major Achievements:
1-2012 achievement132%, responsible for Riyadh LPO (KFSH, RMH, SFH, and KFMC) succeed to grow in all my account vs last year with about 120% and to be market leader in the big accounts, play very important role for introduction of Exelon patch in MOH formulary.
2- 2011 introductions for Exelon patch at (NG, RMH, SFH, KFMC) with deletion of competitor (Reminyl , Arecipt) from SFH, KFMC.
3- 2010 best achiever (130%) and succeed to established neuroscience portfolio in private sector and introduced Exelon patch in prince sultan .
Personal Skills:
-leadership
-Communication
-Computer skills
-Key Account Management

Languages: Arabic – English.

Special training courses:
Through sharing my company success I was exposed to various training courses which had a role in promoting my skill as:
1- Closing with confidence
2- Integrated Account Plan
3- PF plus
4- Will to Win with Novartis
5-Basic selling skill with M.S.D pharmaceutical and Novartis pharmaceutical
6-Advanced selling skills with Novartis pharmaceutical
7-Presentaion skills – less
Stong company, however, when Novartis purchased Alcon Labs and we went from Ciba Vision to Alcon Labs many changes took place.
Specialty Sales Medical Device Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, MNDecember 16, 2013
Pros: company car, free cell phone
Reviewed territory and had target list of accounts that had most potential of RXing contacts ant focused on them twice a month.

Reviewed target list and targeted next potentional accounts and called on thm 1x per month.

Focused a great degree on building customer relationships, build ing trust as well as striving to be their go to person for questions.

Sold – more... clinically the benefits of our contacts regarding health, visiual acuity and comfort versus or competition.

The most enjpyable part of my job is developing customer relations as well as trust.

Management changes so much not really sure of my expectations as they are not clearly defined. – less
Excellent Working Environment
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 13, 2013
Invested in employee development within the Key Account Arean. Support provided through numerous tools and avenues.
Company connecting to the needs of MS
SPECIALTY AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 11, 2013
Pros: launching of new drug, prospecting taking team to top, connection with kol and advocacy groups
Cons: managment way or no way hard to create and think outside the box or embracement of ideas, diversity
SPECIALTY AREA SALES MANAGER – ATLANTA HEAT (GEORGIA, ALABAMA, NORTHERN FLORIDA)
Amazing advancing of new MS drug and connecting with KOL and advocacy groups. FDO sites and launching correctly became a challenge had to do a lot of corrective work.
Novartis is a Swiss firm; high control and financial strong.
Senior District Sales Manager (Former Employee), San DiegoDecember 8, 2013
Pros: financially strong.
Cons: high control.
Highly centralized; not much room for empowered workers. If you are comfortable with high control culture, this firm is for you.

About Novartis

Novartis International AG is a multinational pharmaceutical company based in Basel, Switzerland, ranking number three in sales – Read more