Novartis Employee Reviews

This company is the example for “Work Life Balance”.
Senior Programmer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP8 October 2014
Here you can enjoy your work with lots of fun activities and health awareness initiatives and we have many carnivals with that you can understand complete picture of clinical trials where exactly your involvement is happening and how other franchises are contributing to the clinical trials.

In this company you can see the “Work Life Balance” and all are “equal” no bossism.
Great place to grow and learn
Joint Health and Safety Committee Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario8 October 2014
Learned life experiences
How a company works from the ground up
Co workers were a team
Management were role models
Novartis is where I got my start and my career progressed quickly
MARKETING TEAM LEADER - CANADA (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC7 September 2014
Starting out as a rep that was home based, that was different but exciting. I was able to achieve the #1 sales in Canada in my second year. I was then promoted into head office in Dorval, Quebec where we re-launched Lescol and Diovan. Both were very successful and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was constant travel from across the country and overseas. Co-workers were very supportive.
Pros
I had a lot of freedome to make decisions
Good Pay to compensate for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE30 June 2014
- Typical work week was 60+ hours with no paid overtime.
- Training for new staff non-existent, often directed to "find the written process online"
- Staff is unwelcoming to new employees.
- All staff events centered on alcohol related activities.
- Unrealistic expectations from Management - ie called in when sick, or on vacation because of short staffing and no cross training.
- Overall atmosphere of unease and anxiety caused by poor management of people and resources.
- HR and Management (with the exception of HSE team) dismissive about staff concerns when they were identified. (ie - staff were placed on probation or dismissed if they raised concerns about work/life balance or questionable processes)
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Cons
Long hours, no training, little support.
I had a wonderful experience with a good sales teams. My manager was an inspiration to help me build my skill set and professional development.
Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Canada7 May 2014
Novartis is a very good company to work in as if offers work balance. I had the chance to have the best team and I won the President Club on my first year. I had the chance to launch 2 amazing products, Exelon Patch and Aclasta. The company that offered good potential for growth and development.
Pros
Learn a lots about Alzheimer and Osteoporosis
Cons
No pipeline, instability
Dislike
Finance (Current Employee) –  Mississauaga9 April 2014
Would not recommend to others. The company works people to the bone in order to boost share price.
Environnement de travail
Superviseur, Production (Former Employee) –  Montréal13 March 2014
Travail d'équipe est la solution.
Les formations sont continues.
La qualité totale est priorisée.
Waaay too much politics
Labeling Regulatory Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2013
Much too much politics, causes a toxic and non-productive environment. They're small and they could be great with the right people, but I don't see it happening.
Review detail is provided below.
Regulatory Affairs Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario5 August 2013
A typical work day is full of fun with early morning teleconferences with colleagues in Europe (6 hrs behind Europe). This is followed by departmental, projects and products meetings. As part of the management team, strategic planning sessions would commence after the meetings. Regulatory Agencies' meetings to discuss ongoing submissions would follow.
Pros
Excellent local and international teams to work with.
Cons
Long hours of commuting to work daily
It is a big pharmaceutical company with lots of resources and good products too. The company invested a lot in research.
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta8 July 2013
A typical day at work is to go and see your customers, the physicians and the pharmacist in their offices. I learned a lot of information from good products that this company has released in the market. Novartis has invested a lot in research and have a robust pipeline. Co-workers are professionals and well trained too. Lots of products have lost their patents. This results in instability of the jobs of the employees too. Lots of things that you will learn while working for this company.
Pros
Provide lots of training to their employees.
Cons
Few products were released recently in the market.
Best place to work
Global ERP Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2013
.A typical day at work was very instrumental and productive. I learned to plan every single activity and be punctual all the time. My co-workers and the management were excellent. I did not have any hard time when I worked for this company. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I lived in Toronto, Canada working on the Chaotic warehouse implementation system. It was so great.
Pros
Free lunch, and 20 vacation days
It has a good culture but the management was not supportive and it did not offer chances for advancement
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga27 June 2013
It has a good culture but the management was not supportive and they did not offer chances for advancement
Great workplace with excellent environment
Nucleic Acid Vaccine Production: OJT (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE13 June 2013
My time at Novartis Aqua Health was in an On-the-job training position which was required by my college program.

A typical day at work at this company involved bacterial fermentation, downstream processing, and chromatographic purification to obtain a final product which would be put on the market after successful QC testing.

I learned the ins and outs of a typical GMP/ISO 9001 environment, and how a manufacturing facility conducts itself internally.

Management was very friendly and knowledgeable, and was very flexible in terms of accommodating everyone's needs.

My co-workers were generally happy with their positions, and were very knowledgeable in their professions. Stress levels were very low as the company did everything it could to keep everyone happy.

The hardest part of the job was the adherence to manufacturing guidelines, but that became second nature as time progressed. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the process through to completion, and having a final product which was definitely the target which was being sought out.
Pros
Free coffee with lots of selection
Cons
Little sunlight
Over all it was nice experience to work with team.
Business Objects Developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2013
Nice working with team and management.
Learned so many things from this company, it was fun to work there,
It was hard to manage deadline.
Get together after job timing
Good job to get more work experience
Territory Sales Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  ON13 April 2013
Day to day selling to small animal medicine.
Was able to speak with top leading parisitologists in North America.
Had a great experience working with Novartis' Professional Service Veterinarians, great support and knowledge of not only the medicine but also the industry.
Pros
good clients
Cons
nothing to add
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2013
Great management, great opportunities for advancement. The new office space is great.
Great company with work life balance
Associate Brand Manager -Strategic Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2012
Novartis is a very good company to work in as it offers work life balance. It offers unique career opportunities and corporate culture.
The employees are very friendly and approachable and everyone supports you in your day to day activities.
Always downsizing
Sales portfolio (Former Employee) –  dorval19 April 2012
poor succession and growth opportunity, little or now product pipelinie