Novartis Employee Reviews

Excellent job security; Set method of feedback; Great benefits.
Convention Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
Enumeration, career development, upward mobility and effective communication are key phrases at Novartis. They are involved in the communities they build in.
Employee Feedback is done on a regular basis, as are your career expectations, what key learning will be required to obtain that goal, and salaries are reviewed on an annual basis.
Pros
In-house gym and cafeteria. Secure free parking. Great people.
Dynamic, fun workplace, good environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC25 October 2016
Great place to work. Good training and advancement opportunities. Great benefits. Great people. I enjoyed the oppotunities and the responsibility given to me. Interesting work projects along with the day to day. Teamwork. Accountability. Good leadership.
Pros
Friday afternoons off, good cafeteria, gym, exercise classes.
Nice work environment
Senior Compliance and Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 September 2016
Nice work life balance. Due to acquisition by bigger pharma there are lot of changes happening. It may take few months to stabilize with adapting to new ERP applications and process changes,
Great Culture
Bilingual Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2016
Great work life balance. Great Culture. Great people. Free weekly lunches. This is great place to work. There is room for growth and development. Great benefits too.
Good Work Environment.
UI Web Developer (Former Employee) –  CA20 April 2016
Novartis is a good client. Where it is a set up for the Employee to work with the Management with great skills in the Technology.
Lofty goals - Poor senior management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada19 March 2016
Typical pharma company who believes they are better than all the rest in their competitive therapeutic arena despite bringing nothing of differentiating value compared to the competitors. Senior management has limited knowledge of the market atmosphere and possesses poor relationships with KOLs. People managers lack ability to stray from corporate direction and are simply the mouthpiece for corporate decisions. Marketing department is exceptionally slow to bring new ideas and marketing materials to the forefront and are generally reacting to market changes rather than having any proactive foresight.
Pros
salary, company car, benefits
Cons
poor leadership at all levels
Big company with lots of good products
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2016
This is a good company to work for as they are a strong research based company. Good products in the market. Lots of customers have high praised for their brands.
enjoyed the experiene
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canada4 October 2015
Enjoyed working there
Great people
Volatile industry, however. There could be widespread layoff if a drug does not make it to market by the expected time
Pros
Dynamic culture
Cons
Better control over the resources is needed
Everyday we provide support to patients neurologists and nurses across canada
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  dorval21 September 2015
Everyday we provide support to patients Drs and nurses across canada. We support our patients through all the steps they need to get onto therapy and support Canadian Drs and nurses as much as we can.
Pros
flexible schedule and long lunch break
Cons
no overtime
Great Company
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2015
Great Environment! The people are great! Novartis cares about their employees. The management is always concerned about you and want to see you succeed.
Life at Novartis
Senior Pharmacovigilance Expert (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP1 August 2015
Great learning environment with good job satisfaction. I have been provided a nurturing soil to learn drug safety. Work life balance is given due importance with focus on integrity and innovation.
Great company to work for.
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dorval, Qc28 July 2015
Great company to work for. Great benefits. Gym available to employees. Employee parking. Employee cafeteria. Near bus stop and trains. Beside highway.
Very environmentally responsible company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Quebec29 April 2015
You never knew what your day was going to be when you walked in the door every morning. The hardest part of the job was that you never knew if you would have a job next month due to frequent lay offs. So everyone would try to take on more and more responsibility to try to avoid the next round of lay offs. It affected the morale of the company. Great co-workers and great team atmosphere.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No job security - frequent lay offs
Internship (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC28 February 2015
Very recognized brand world wide. Great coworkers who love what they do and share the job culture which brings motivation.
Good company
Consulting Dietitian (Former Employee) –  montreal, Qc5 November 2014
I only worked for Novartis for a short period and only on a contractual basis .

I think it is a good company to work for and everyone I came in contact with was always professional.
This company is the example for “Work Life Balance”.
Senior Programmer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP8 October 2014
Here you can enjoy your work with lots of fun activities and health awareness initiatives and we have many carnivals with that you can understand complete picture of clinical trials where exactly your involvement is happening and how other franchises are contributing to the clinical trials.

In this company you can see the “Work Life Balance” and all are “equal” no bossism.
Great place to grow and learn
Joint Health and Safety Committee Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario8 October 2014
Learned life experiences
How a company works from the ground up
Co workers were a team
Management were role models
Novartis is where I got my start and my career progressed quickly
MARKETING TEAM LEADER - CANADA (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC7 September 2014
Starting out as a rep that was home based, that was different but exciting. I was able to achieve the #1 sales in Canada in my second year. I was then promoted into head office in Dorval, Quebec where we re-launched Lescol and Diovan. Both were very successful and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was constant travel from across the country and overseas. Co-workers were very supportive.
Pros
I had a lot of freedome to make decisions
Good Pay to compensate for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE30 June 2014
- Typical work week was 60+ hours with no paid overtime.
- Training for new staff non-existent, often directed to "find the written process online"
- Staff is unwelcoming to new employees.
- All staff events centered on alcohol related activities.
- Unrealistic expectations from Management - ie called in when sick, or on vacation because of short staffing and no cross training.
- Overall atmosphere of unease and anxiety caused by poor management of people and resources.
- HR and Management (with the exception of HSE team) dismissive about staff concerns when they were identified. (ie - staff were placed on probation or dismissed if they raised concerns about work/life balance or questionable processes)
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Cons
Long hours, no training, little support.
I had a wonderful experience with a good sales teams. My manager was an inspiration to help me build my skill set and professional development.
Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Canada7 May 2014
Novartis is a very good company to work in as if offers work balance. I had the chance to have the best team and I won the President Club on my first year. I had the chance to launch 2 amazing products, Exelon Patch and Aclasta. The company that offered good potential for growth and development.
Pros
Learn a lots about Alzheimer and Osteoporosis
Cons
No pipeline, instability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novartis. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2