Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: long hours, no training, little support.
- Typical work week was 60+ hours with no paid overtime.
- Training for new staff non-existent, often directed to "find the written process online"
- Staff is unwelcoming to new employees.
- All staff events centered on alcohol related activities.
- Unrealistic expectations from Management - ie called in when sick, or on vacation because of short staffing and no cross training.
- Overall atmosphere of unease and anxiety caused by poor management of people and resources.
- HR and Management (with the exception of HSE team) dismissive about staff concerns when they were identified. (ie - staff were placed on probation or dismissed if they raised concerns about work/life balance or questionable processes)