Pros: coworkers, recognized as industry leader in servicing customers, cutting edge technology and systems
Cons: professional growth limitations.
Typical Day involved the following:
Supported Polyethylene Business in delivering against market focus strategy; developed tools that support business processes and served as a liaison between IT and the PE Business. Executed and supported IT and Business Process related initiatives while supporting the Process Improvement Manager.
• Helped prioritize IT work for the PE business (infrastructure / development of support systems) during the creation of new processes, tools, and reports.
• Facilitated improvements with existing / new customer facing tools, such as upgrades to the online ordering website and an initiative to automate self-service capabilities within existing or new systems.
• Co-Chaired the Demand & Supply Chain Priority Board related to SERF (System Enhancement Request Form) work, while managing Priority Lists within a Web Based Tool.
• Identified opportunities to enhance work processes within PE Business (Sales, Marketing) that aligned with current Process Improvement initiatives.
• Spearheaded the creation of best practices as new processes and tools were developed, or as old processes were re-invented, striving for continuous improvement.
• Organized process development, scheduling team meetings, organizing teams, and finalizing playbook.
What I learned:
Cutting edge system enhancements
Dependent on particular manager, as a whole extremely well run
Best in class.
Hardest Part of Job:
Lack of appreciation / respect from most recent leader.
Enjoyable Part of Job:
People, systems, tools, progressive company