Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority Employee Reviews

Very fun job, other employees were very helpful
Volunteer work (Former Employee) –  Utopia, ON5 October 2017
The management and other employees had helped me out when I first arrived. I loved hanging out with little kids and doing little scavenger hunts with them. I would wake up at 6 am and work till 4 pm but most times I'd stay late to help clean up.
Pros
Provided food, good staff
Cons
Just the mosquitoes and bugs
Rewarding environment
Outdoor Educator (Current Employee) –  Utopia, ON20 November 2016
NVCA works with the public and has many great programs and passionate staff. Culture is slow to change but is making strides towards a shift with several generation gaps working together. It is apparent that millennials don't secure full time employment or benefits easily. Management is not extremely progressive and/or inclusive when it comes to coaching and has some old school approaches. Budgets are continuously challenging and work is daunting at times with many projects but not enough bodies.
Pros
working in a natural enviornment that facilitates a beautiful place to work
Cons
Hard to secure full time work
Awesome group to work with
Ground water technician assistant (Former Employee) –  Utopia, ON12 April 2016
a great group of professional and smart environmental conscious people who are making our watershed a greater place with lots of projects and sampling going on to understand our water an land areas
Productive and fun place to work
Coop Placement-Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Tiffin Centre, 8th Line, Utopia, ON12 February 2014
Overall management is approachable and willing to assist with moving forward to complete a task.
The organization welcomes volunteers to assist with tasks involving working in the field, as well as assisting with administrative duties.
Very laid back environment that expects its staff to achieve deadlines on their own without being shadowed.
Comfortable work environment, completing work that matters and makes a difference.
Source Water Protection Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utopia, ON1 July 2012
There is no such thing as a typical work day, which is something that I love about this position. There is a comfortable mix of field work and office work.

I learn something new almost everyday, but might be attributed to be new to the position or being a recent graduate.

My co-workers are great. They provide me with an environment that allows for complete my workload and provide assistance when necessary.

The hardest part of my job is not being overwhelmed. Being a recent graduate and this being my first job in this field has been a little bit overwhelming at times. However, this feeling is decreasing with every day.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job has got to be the freedom. I am held to strict deadlines, but not micro-managed makes meeting these deadlines easy to meet.
Pros
lots of learning possibilities in multiple environmental disciplines.
Cons
contract work, therefore no job security.