Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Productive and fun place to work
Coop Placement-Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Tiffin Centre, 8th Line, Utopia, ONFebruary 12, 2014
Overall management is approachable and willing to assist with moving forward to complete a task.
The organization welcomes volunteers to assist with tasks involving working in the field, as well as assisting with administrative duties.
Very laid back environment that expects its staff to achieve deadlines on their own without being shadowed.
Comfortable work environment, completing work that matters and makes a difference.
Source Water Protection Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utopia, ONJuly 1, 2012
There is no such thing as a typical work day, which is something that I love about this position. There is a comfortable mix of field work and office work.

I learn something new almost everyday, but might be attributed to be new to the position or being a recent graduate.

My co-workers are great. They provide me with an environment that allows for complete my workload and provide assistance when necessary.

The hardest part of my job is not being overwhelmed. Being a recent graduate and this being my first job in this field has been a little bit overwhelming at times. However, this feeling is decreasing with every day.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job has got to be the freedom. I am held to strict deadlines, but not micro-managed makes meeting these deadlines easy to meet.
Pros
lots of learning possibilities in multiple environmental disciplines.
Cons
contract work, therefore no job security.

4.7