NOTTAWASAGA VALLEY CONSERVATION AUTHORITY
John Hix Conservation Administration Centre
Tiffin Conservation Area
8195 8th Line, Utopia, Ontario, L0M 1T0
Telephone: 705.424.1479; Fax: 705.424.2115 www.nvca.on.ca
If you’re looking for a rewarding, exciting and great employment experience working with professionals dedicated to the preservation of a healthy environment – then look no more!
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our GIS/IT team. Responsibilities include the management of the Authority’s GIS and IT systems. Incumbent will also need to work with management of all departments to identify, recommend, develop and implement cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the Authority’s business priorities.
- A degree/diploma in Geomatics Technology; Environmental Technology; Geography; Computer Technology and GIS Certification
- Minimum of 5 years managing an environmental GIS system and 3 years of IT management
- Comprehensive knowledge of the GIS principles, methods, and techniques using ESRI ArcGIS technology, operating systems, and programming languages.
- Thorough knowledge of information management in the application of business needs and operations.
- Skill in effectively analyzing complex problems and making prompt and sound decisions.
- Ability to plan, assign, analyze, and review the work of staff and plan, implement and administer policies and programs and monitor for efficiency and uniformity.
- Ability to coordinate, operate and maintain the CA's information systems, associated hardware and software, networks and personal computer hardware.
- Comprehensive IT knowledge to provide technical support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Valid Driver’s license
Annual rate is $61,370.40 to $74,565.40 per hour based on a 35 hour work week (commensurate with qualifications)
Working hours will normally be between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. However, based on the needs of the program, opportunities to work weekends and after hours may also be required.
The Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority’s watershed is one of the fastest growing in Ontario and we are committed to providing a high quality of service to our clients.
We invite you to review a detailed job description on our website at www.nvca.on.ca. Your application must be received by 2:00 p.m. on January 22nd, 2014
The Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority (NVCA), located near Barrie, Ontario, is a public agency dedicated to the preservation of a healthy environment providing the expertise to help protect our water and land, and spans approximately 3700 sq.km. Our jurisdiction includes 18 municipalities in the County of Simcoe, County of Dufferin, Grey County, and the western part of the City of Barrie. Our watershed includes significant landform features, such as the Minesing Wetlands, the Niagara Escarpment, and the Oak Ridges Moraine.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted