Nottawasaga Inn Resort Employee Reviews

I love working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON15 February 2017
Working at The Nottawasaga has been a great experience. I actually enjoy going into work every shift. The management is helpful and professional, and the work environment feels like family. I would highly recommend working for The Nottawasaga Inn.
Cons
This is the worst place ive ever worked.
Chef de partie (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 November 2016
This place is terrible to work for. The owners don't care, the chef doesn't care, nor does the sous chef. I was never trained by the other chef de partie despite asking, and told just to just figure my job out I'm not helping you. The staff told me to run on my first day before I even began work, and hr does nothing regarding staff issues. I worked here for less than two weeks and when I resigned due to them not being honest with me about the job or mentioning that I had to provide everything from spoons to ladles to spatulas to whisks because they have no equipment, that it's too bad that I didnt want to work there but I don't have a choice so see you on your next shift and you have to do your job. The kitchen is the dirtiest kitchen I have ever worked in because no one cares or enforces rules. Management will yell at you if you get a drink not on your break and if you stop working for more than 5 seconds. Do not sign that contract they give you, or you will regret it like I have. Their contract over rides our rights as workers and they can treat you like a slave for 10 hours a day with no breaks. They can hold your money that you worked for too, they will own you. Please do not work here.
Pros
Free semi edible food
Cons
Everything, seriously everything, all of it
Not worth it
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 October 2016
There's not enough space to say it but there's so many problems with the job from some coworkers bullying others some management is terribleand doesn't always make sense will blame you for their own problems and go over board when something minor happens. Workers treated unfairly favourites are picked
Pros
Great co workers and few supervisors money is fine
Cons
Management is bad and hours r bad and
Being Harassed is apart of the job
Gardener (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON22 August 2016
I told HR I was being unnecessarily harassed by the owners for doing my job correctly. I was informed by HR and my boss that it is apart of the job to put up with that kind of treatment. I will be reporting to the board with this issue.
Pros
Working outdoors
Cons
Workplace Harassment
Nice
Gardening and Landscaping (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 August 2016
Good place to work with hours. I work 8 hour days and i pick weeds or water for the entire day. Very boring job and i get paid less then al the other people in my position.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad managment
Don't work here if you want management who cares about employees
Steward (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON20 December 2015
working here was bad, management didn't care about employees, always false accusations going around, night shift poorly run since supervisor quit, management unreasonable, long hours, same stuff happening day in day out, double standards when it came to workplace policies, everyone making up their own rules, learned nothing other than how to deal with management who don't care and all they do is make up lies.
Pros
Free food in staff caf
Cons
long hours, careless management
Not so much a fun and exciting place
AM CHEF (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON8 December 2015
Females are not giving the same equal rights as the male are. and dont get paid what we should..was there for 8 years and only got $ 2.25 raise .. poor management
Pros
free lunch and that all that we get for free
Cons
long days and no extra pay
work isn't too bad but the other employees might be
Children and Youth Program helper (Former Employee) –  alliston, ON21 July 2015
all in all i liked working as a housekeeper at Nottawasaga Inn Resort. The guests loved me, and i liked meeting all the new people. although demanding at times the job itself was right up my alley. they have a great soda bar and free food at lunch too. the only complaint i would have was that certain employees there could be overbearing. i find that especially since it was a job were all the employees are women things could get a little catty. also a lot of unnecessary rules and rudeness.
Pros
free lunches, free pop, meet new people
Cons
the people and the amount of shifts you'll get
Not necessarily horrible.
GSA (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON17 June 2014
It is a very busy work environment from Spring to Fall. Your hours really take a hit in the winter when business slows. Your schedules do not come out in enough time to plan anything really, you'll get them sometime between the Fri-Sun before your schedule starts on the Mon.
I found the management to be decent, most of the time willing to coach you and help out. There are quite a few managers there though that do not want to be there and absolutely let you know it. I loved most of the people I work with although there is quite a lot of gossip here - feels like a high school environment most of the time.
Hardest part of your job will be trying to get a manager to help out in difficult situations. Most times I would wait upwards of 15min for assistance with difficult guests.
If you enjoy trying to help and like to work hard, this may be right for you. If you like proper structure and working with others that enjoy following company policies and procedures, this probably won't be a good fit.
Pros
very cheap staff golf membership, beautiful property
Cons
back to back shifts, no end time for your shifts, late schedules, uncaring employees
wouldnt work here again ever!!
manager (Current Employee) –  alliston10 October 2013
Worst place I have ever worked for. They do not follow the labour laws. Cattle is treated better then the employees here. HR won't help you its the owners way or the high way. Even if its against labour laws. They bleed their employees of their own money and hold them responible for things they shouldn't be held responsible for. You have a start time but never an ending time so they can keep you as long as they want. Good luck getting your entitled unpaid half hour break after working for 5 hours. They tell you when you can have a break. You won't get your schedual for the next week until fri, sat, even sometimes sunday night. Therefore making plans or sortimg out your other job (you will need one working here) hours are impossible.
Pros
salad, coffee, tea is free in the lunch room.
Cons
I don't have enough space to sau everything that is wrong with this place!!!
Fun and Lighthearted Environment Dedicated to the Customer
Beverage Cart, Banquets, and Golf Carts. (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON28 April 2013
The Nottawasaga Inn is a very fun work environment. The managers are patient with employees, but expect above-average outcomes from them. I enjoyed my time there because every day was different. The workload was always enough to keep me busy, which is an important aspect to me. I learned many new skills working there, and developed some of my preexisting ones. Since working there, I have become better at task management and communication. I have also improved on my problem-solving skills. The hardest part of the job was the hours. I would sometimes work for 12 hours, with little to no breaks because of the nature of the job. This aspect of the job has made me very determined and resilient to fatigue. My co-workers at the Nottawasaga were very kind. Even though I was much younger than them, they made sure to help me when I was in training and include me in activities they plan.
Pros
Great Staff and Friendly Environment
Cons
Long Hours on Feet
Great place for new graduates.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON18 January 2012
They were always willing to give someone a chance. Especially new grads. Schedules are flexible and they are willing to accommodate most.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nottawasaga Inn Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5