Nottawasaga Inn Resort

Nottawasaga Inn Resort Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not necessarily horrible.
GSA (Former Employee), Alliston, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: very cheap staff golf membership, beautiful property
Cons: back to back shifts, no end time for your shifts, late schedules, uncaring employees
It is a very busy work environment from Spring to Fall. Your hours really take a hit in the winter when business slows. Your schedules do not come out in enough time to plan anything really, you'll get them sometime between the Fri-Sun before your schedule starts on the Mon.
I found the management to be decent, most of the time willing to coach you and help out. There are quite a few managers there though that do not want to be there and absolutely let you know it. I loved most of the people I work with although there is quite a lot of gossip here - feels like a high school environment most of the time.
Hardest part of your job will be trying to get a manager to help out in difficult situations. Most times I would wait upwards of 15min for assistance with difficult guests.
If you enjoy trying to help and like to work hard, this may be right for you. If you like proper structure and working with others that enjoy following company policies and procedures, this probably won't be a good fit.
wouldnt work here again ever!!
manager (Current Employee), allistonOctober 10, 2013
Pros: salad, coffee, tea is free in the lunch room.
Cons: i don't have enough space to sau everything that is wrong with this place!!!
Worst place I have ever worked for. They do not follow the labour laws. Cattle is treated better then the employees here. HR won't help you its the owners way or the high way. Even if its against labour laws. They bleed their employees of their own money and hold them responible for things they shouldn't be held responsible for. You have a start time but never an ending time so they can keep you as long as they want. Good luck getting your entitled unpaid half hour break after working for 5 hours. They tell you when you can have a break. You won't get your schedual for the next week until fri, sat, even sometimes sunday night. Therefore making plans or sortimg out your other job (you will need one working here) hours are impossible.
Fun and Lighthearted Environment Dedicated to the Customer
Beverage Cart, Banquets, and Golf Carts. (Former Employee), Alliston, ONApril 28, 2013
Pros: great staff and friendly environment
Cons: long hours on feet
The Nottawasaga Inn is a very fun work environment. The managers are patient with employees, but expect above-average outcomes from them. I enjoyed my time there because every day was different. The workload was always enough to keep me busy, which is an important aspect to me. I learned many new skills working there, and developed some of my preexisting ones. Since working there, I have become better at task management and communication. I have also improved on my problem-solving skills. The hardest part of the job was the hours. I would sometimes work for 12 hours, with little to no breaks because of the nature of the job. This aspect of the job has made me very determined and resilient to fatigue. My co-workers at the Nottawasaga were very kind. Even though I was much younger than them, they made sure to help me when I was in training and include me in activities they plan.
Great place for new graduates.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Alliston, ONJanuary 18, 2012
They were always willing to give someone a chance. Especially new grads. Schedules are flexible and they are willing to accommodate most.