Production Machine Operator
Reports To: Production Manager
Employment Type: Full-time permanent
Salary: Commensurate with experience
I am looking to contribute to a growth oriented company as an integral part of the team. I believe a key element of any successful company is the corporate culture, and I am inspired to help develop it. I enjoy interfacing with people; both externally and internally, while remaining a highly effective part of a customer focused company.
The Production Machine Operator will be required to work shift work and is responsible for assisting throughout the production line process. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assembling and changing filling machines for production as well as shutting down equipment for clean-up. During production, the Machine Operator is responsible for ensuring that lines are properly functioning and assisting with duties related to production.
- Set up filling line for start-up and changeover, assemble and operate filling machines for production, shut down equipment and clean-up
- Day to day running of a production line to maintain the flow of product for product quality, and quantity of work
- Adhere to required company SOP's, GMP's, and Health and Safety Standards
- Follow all QC protocols and direction from QC staff pertaining to raw material packaging and finished product quality standards
- Follow production schedule and ensure accuracy of all production data including; dates, labels, and packaging
- Understand and complete production paperwork
- Ensure product quality meets Company standards by weighing product, monitoring machine settings, completing line check forms, and communicating with supervisor
- Troubleshoot and problem solve when necessary (i.e. make adjustments to the machinery)
- Report any equipment or production defects to supervisor
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned area
- Suggest ideas to continuously improve productivity and efficiencies
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous manufacturing experience is an asset
- Frequent use arithmetic to perform production related calculations
- Must be able to multitask, apply critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (written and verbal)
- GMP, or similar regulatory experience preferred
- Must understand, adhere to and practice company SOP's, GMP's, and company safety, and security policies
- Must be able to work in cooperation with others, must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy of work assignments while maintaining a dedication to quality and safety
- Physically fit (able to lift up to 50 lbs.) and able to work in a production environment; steel toe shoes required (CSA approved)
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, and twisting while transferring product
- Maneuver heavy objects, including lifting (floor to waist, waist to shoulders, and overhead) and carrying up to 25 kg (approximately 2-6 times a day) and pushing and pulling of products and equipment (up to 1,000 kg) on wheels (up to 8 times a day)
About Norwood Packaging:
Founded in 1985 and based in Surrey, B.C., Norwood Packaging is a contract manufacturer and developer of complex personal care products. Our customers include some of the most respected consumer brands and retailers across North America.
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
This is intended to be only a summary of the responsibilities and duties that are to be performed by incumbents of this position. The individual may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
Norwood is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.