Family Support Program Coordinator
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre provides programs that strengthen and enrich the lives of children and parents. Programs are delivered using a holistic approach to support the emotional, physical and intellectual needs of children in the community.
Reporting to the Family Support Program Manager, the Family Support Program Coordinator provides supervision to members of the team responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of Family Support programming, which includes home visitation, supportive counseling and family advocacy.
As a member of the management team, the Family Support Program Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Provide direct supervision and support to Family Support Workers who deliver the home visitation
and supportive counseling services to Norwood’s clients
- Identify and support professional training and development opportunities for individual staff
- Provide regular and ongoing feedback to members of the Family Support team, including
- Coordinate staff schedules and attendance and review leave requests
- Participate in the recruitment process on behalf of the Family Support team, and provide orientation to new team members
- Support the Family Support team regarding significant and/or sensitive child or family issues
- Work with the Program Manager to develop and administer the annual program budget
- Link program plans and individual staff performance plans to agency strategic goals
- Conduct evaluations to determine the effectiveness of the Family Support program to meet agency and funder outcomes
- Implement appropriate documentation and protocol measures, best practices in conjunction with
Norwood’s policies and practices, funder requirements and program outcomes
- Oversee the assessment and screening of all clients requesting access to services
The successful candidate must possess:
- A minimum of three years in a role supervising program or outreach staff
- Degree/diploma Social Work or a related Human Services field
- Experience with program evaluation and performance management processes
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, with experience in Excel and database systems
- Strong written skills with the ability to prepare evaluation and funder reports
- A criminal record check, child welfare check and first aid prior to the commencement of employment
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre offers a compassionate team environment with a competitive compensation plan, full benefits, paid time off at Christmas and Spring Break (in addition to regular vacation), a commitment to staff celebration and recognition, a strong focus on employee wellness, team building activities, and ongoing professional development.
The salary for this role is $27.80 per hour based on a 35 hour week.
The work schedule includes evening and weekend shifts.
As part of our screening process, applications must include at least two references
who may be contacted prior to interviews.
Closing Deadline: October 17, 2012
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.