The incumbent is a member of the hydrology/hydrogeology team and will work on water resources management and mining-related environmental projects. The incumbent will provide technical support and leadership skills in projects including hydrologic modeling, design of water and sediment control systems, surface water and groundwater monitoring, construction supervision, and hydrogeologic field programs. The position requires a self-starting individual capable of working both independently and with interdisciplinary technical staff on a variety of projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Water resources engineering including the design of stream diversions, sediment ponds, storage reservoirs, water treatment systems, piping and pumping systems, construction dewatering, site drainage and erosion control.
- Field studies including sampling and field surveys, data management and technical report preparation.
- Travel and fieldwork as dictated by project demands.
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Work within a dynamic team on water resource development and mining-related environmental projects.
Education and Professional Background:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in civil, environmental or water resources engineering, geology or hydrology*. *Equivalencies will be considered.
- Registered or eligible to register as a professional geologist or engineer in the Province of Alberta.
- Experience in modeling of hydrologic systems, surface water hydrology and design analyses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills are required including experience with MS Office, GIS, and AutoCAD.
- SEDCAD, HECRAS and surface and/or groundwater modeling software skills would be an asset.
- Previous experience in a consulting environment and field experience is highly desirable.
Norwest offers a competitive salary and benefit package and a progressive and challenging work environment.
Norwest is an internationally-recognized leader in providing consulting expertise to the energy, mining, and natural resources industries....