Reporting to the Vice President Geotechnical, the Senior Geotechnical Engineer will supervise a team of geotechnical engineers and technicians and manage projects primarily on large oil sands and coal mine projects from exploration and site investigation, to conceptual design through to construction.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare proposals, cost estimates and timelines for projects
- Lead the planning, field support and completion of geotechnical site investigations
- Review and interpret monitoring information from geotechnical instrumentation programs
- Manage the analysis and design of earthworks structures primarily mine pit slopes, waste disposal areas, and tailings dams
- Track costs and hours for projects
- Write and/or review technical design reports
- Support mine and tailings planning groups in the development and design of large mining projects as required
- Supervise a team of engineering professionals
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry or consulting experience
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite of programs, ACAD systems and the Geo-slope suite of programs
- Knowledge of surface mine engineering
- Experience as a project manager
- Strong professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Member of APEGBC or eligible for registration.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in geotechnical, geological, civil or mining engineering.
Location of Employment:
This position is based out of Vancouver, with travel to field based assignments to support field operations as required.