Reporting to the Manager, Geotechnical, the Project Engineer, Geotechnical will supervise a team of geotechnical engineers and technicians and manage projects primarily on large oil sands and coal mine projects from exploration and site investigation, to conceptual design through to construction.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare proposals, cost estimates and timelines for projects
- Coordinate engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups/disciplines with clients, suppliers and contractors and between other divisional groups
- Support mine and tailings planning groups in the development and design of large mining projects as required
- Manage the analysis and design of earthworks structures primarily mine pit slopes, waste disposal areas, and tailings dams
- Plan, coordinate, prepare equipment or work specifications, such as RFP’s and RFI’s
- Prepare, review and edit technical design reports
- Present project status, technical details and project milestones to the client
- Supervise a team of engineering professionals
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 - 10 years of relevant industry or consulting experience
- Experience as a project manager
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite of programs, ACAD systems and the Geo-slope suite of programs
- Knowledge of surface mine engineering
- Strong professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Member of APEGA or eligible for registration.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in geotechnical, geological, civil or mining engineering.
Location of Employment:
This position is based out of Calgary, with travel to field based assignments to support field operations as required.
Indeed - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard