Norwest Corporation is an international resources consulting firm with clients in the energy, mining and environmental industries. We have offices in Canada, United States, Australia, India and China, with Canadian operations focused in Calgary and Vancouver. We are one of the world’s most fully integrated energy consulting firms. Norwest has the ability to offer successful candidates interdisciplinary job opportunities around the world.
Reporting to a Senior Mining Engineer, the Mining Engineer’s role will involve all aspects of mining operations including mine feasibility studies, short and long term mine planning an optimization, waste disposal plans and material balances. The Mining Engineer will be working within a dynamic team environment and will be collaborating with interdisciplinary team members.
This position is based out of Calgary, with up to 25% travel required.
Summary of Key Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for mine scheduling activities; such as modern open pit applications and large-scale mine optimization.
- Perform mine planning activities working with 3D strings and surfaces in an open pit environment.
- Manage digital workspace and maintain accurate documentation of process and data.
- Develop long term equipment plans for projects.
- Manage long term mass balance or waste materials
- Provide technical advice to clients in a number of areas including mine production, overburden removal and placement, haul truck road and ramp designs, divisional production tracking, reporting and forecasting
- Foster an environment of safety awareness and loss management.
- Project feasibility analysis.
- Compliance to all regulatory applications.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Mining, Civil or Geological Engineering
Summary of Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industry or consulting engineering experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to clearly communicate with all levels of the organization
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft applications
- Strong knowledge of mine planning software and AutoCAD systems
- Experience in mine planning and mine operations
- Registered, or eligible to register, with APPEGA
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Norwest offers a competitive salary and benefit package and a progressive and challenging work environment.