Position Type: 6-12 month temporary full time position
Work with a team of geotechnical engineers, geologists and technicians to install and maintain automated geotechnical instrumentation monitoring systems for pit walls, waste dumps and tailings structures at an active mine site in the Alberta oil sands. This position will appeal to candidates with up to four years of related education, training and/or work experience who are looking to grow and develop their skills in a dynamic environment.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities and essential job functions of the automation specialist include but are not limited to the following:
- Install, program, and maintain automated geotechnical instrumentation systems in pit walls, waste dumps, tailings and other structures at an active mine site including in-place inclinometers, piezometers, tilt meters, data loggers, modems, radios, battery systems, solar panels and other equipment as needed.
- Work with mine operations, engineers and other personnel to maintain and optimize equipment performance.
- Support geotechnical engineers in the operation, maintenance, surveillance and design of pit walls, waste dump and tailings structures.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Up to four years of industry or consulting experience
- Prepared to travel and be in the field for assignment intervals of 2-3 weeks
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite of programs
- 2 year technical diploma or certificate in electronics engineering, geotechnical, civil, mining or related field
Location of Employment:
Fort McMurray, AB instrumentation and will work a fly-in/fly-out two weeks on/two weeks off shift.
Indeed - 17 months ago