Northwood Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
productive, communicative, positive environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 25, 2015
-busy and occupying
-learned how to work with people of different ages
-co-workers were fellow high school students and managers of the event
Pros
experience and interaction
Supervise the Camp operations
Lovell Cove Camp/ Road Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lovell Cove. out of Prince George. B.C.October 30, 2015
All of the activities were performed by contractors . My job was to monitor and direct activities of the contractors. There was some hands on interaction with the camp maintenance crews as far as Gen set and Sewage management activities. Allocating rail car deliveries to the various mills was a major function of the job.

I enjoyed the work as there was very good people in place. Although I performed my work very well and under budget, my supervisor did not like me so I was let go. I do not have animosity , but was disappointed.
Pros
live in a remote location and work with great contractors
Cons
Experienced a unique and difficult to please manager
productive
CCA (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 1, 2014
great place to work, staff was nice, management was not fair to staff in someways. overall it was clean, and a good place to work
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
An amazing experience with Northwood
Continuing Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 9, 2013
I do home care so my day was always driffent I usually dont have the same clients every day so each time its a new client for me I like to tkae a few moments to get to know them a bit see how they like things done then look at there care plan. While im at the clients home there are a number of things that I do for them, personal care, meal prep and hosekeeping. Some times it can be jsut one task im doing or a mix of them all. Everything about my job i love. I have always loved to help people and make sure that everyone is happy.
Pros
one on one time with each other, getting to really know each client
Cons
to tell you the truth there is not a thing that i dislike about my job.
Northwood
Continuing Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 21, 2012
Northwood is by far the best nursing home I have worked in, I adore the staff and residents. I work full time nights and have my own house and wouldn't leave un-less I was re-locating closer to home.