Northwood Employee Reviews

Calm easy going workplace
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS4 July 2017
I volunteer there once in a while hence my my Mother works there. Its amazing to be able to help out with the elderly and put a smile on their face. I love painting the ladies nails and doing their hair to make them feel young again! You can volunteer by going on the website and submitting an application.
Pros
Activities.
Cons
Not a full-time job, dont get paid
great company
Continuing Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hants, NS28 March 2017
great people, good to work for . wonderful hours. hardest part of the job is loosing clients . staff is great to work with . good work ethic . overall good
Friendly job environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS9 February 2017
The job and duties itself were alright. Found I had to work my life around being available for call ins or I would not get nearly enough hours, very hard to live this way.
Love working at Northwood but need a change
CCA (Current Employee) –  2615 Nordthwood Terrace29 June 2016
Northwood is a good place to work If I don't get a job I will stay here.I get along well with my team players. I am working with Dementia it is hard sometime to deal with there behaviours but I learned how to deal with these residents. They make me laught and I get a big kiss from everyone of them.
Pros
Dont have to work until 7
productive, communicative, positive environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 December 2015
-busy and occupying
-learned how to work with people of different ages
-co-workers were fellow high school students and managers of the event
Pros
experience and interaction
Supervise the Camp operations
Lovell Cove Camp/ Road Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lovell Cove. out of Prince George. B.C.30 October 2015
All of the activities were performed by contractors . My job was to monitor and direct activities of the contractors. There was some hands on interaction with the camp maintenance crews as far as Gen set and Sewage management activities. Allocating rail car deliveries to the various mills was a major function of the job.

I enjoyed the work as there was very good people in place. Although I performed my work very well and under budget, my supervisor did not like me so I was let go. I do not have animosity , but was disappointed.
Pros
live in a remote location and work with great contractors
Cons
Experienced a unique and difficult to please manager
productive
CCA (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 December 2014
great place to work, staff was nice, management was not fair to staff in someways. overall it was clean, and a good place to work
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
An amazing experience with Northwood
Continuing Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 February 2013
I do home care so my day was always driffent I usually dont have the same clients every day so each time its a new client for me I like to tkae a few moments to get to know them a bit see how they like things done then look at there care plan. While im at the clients home there are a number of things that I do for them, personal care, meal prep and hosekeeping. Some times it can be jsut one task im doing or a mix of them all. Everything about my job i love. I have always loved to help people and make sure that everyone is happy.
Pros
one on one time with each other, getting to really know each client
Cons
to tell you the truth there is not a thing that i dislike about my job.
Northwood
Continuing Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 November 2012
Northwood is by far the best nursing home I have worked in, I adore the staff and residents. I work full time nights and have my own house and wouldn't leave un-less I was re-locating closer to home.