NORTHWESTEL Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Great Company!
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTMay 18, 2016
Northwestel is truly the definition of a company that cares. They are a center peice of the Yukon community and genuinely make an effort to give back. I was hired as a student intern and was given challenging roles that were simultaneously not overwhelming for a student. Their compensation was more than fair, and they were extremely understanding about life/work balance. Thanks Northwestel, I will definitely be reapplying after graduation!
Unappreciated and overworked at times. Great direct coworkers.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTJune 18, 2013
I worked as a retail sales associate- dealing face to face with customers. Northwestel is THE ONLY cable provider in Whitehorse, YT therefore a lot of customers are dissatisfied with the service. My position receives disrespect from both customers (not all) and upper staff- who is everyone else. We are never asked how we think the company can improve for their customers, even though we hear it first hand. The retail store has been short staffed for 6 months, no manager for the past 2 months- and no one seems concerned. We all work so hard in the store to keep customers happy- not all customers are bad, however the job is daunting, with all the programs and databases we use, therefore each customer needs a minimum of 30 mins. My direct coworkers were awesome- because we all have to lean on each other to get through a work day, since there is no manager. There is absolutely no standard training- learn as you go, which is frustrating and embarrassing, for both the company and individual.
Great pay, good incentive bonuses.
Not much leading from upper management, all talk and no action.

4.7