NORTHWESTEL Employee Review

Unappreciated and overworked at times. Great direct coworkers.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT18 June 2013
I worked as a retail sales associate- dealing face to face with customers. Northwestel is THE ONLY cable provider in Whitehorse, YT therefore a lot of customers are dissatisfied with the service. My position receives disrespect from both customers (not all) and upper staff- who is everyone else. We are never asked how we think the company can improve for their customers, even though we hear it first hand. The retail store has been short staffed for 6 months, no manager for the past 2 months- and no one seems concerned. We all work so hard in the store to keep customers happy- not all customers are bad, however the job is daunting, with all the programs and databases we use, therefore each customer needs a minimum of 30 mins. My direct coworkers were awesome- because we all have to lean on each other to get through a work day, since there is no manager. There is absolutely no standard training- learn as you go, which is frustrating and embarrassing, for both the company and individual.
Great pay, good incentive bonuses.
Not much leading from upper management, all talk and no action.

Other NORTHWESTEL Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
COMBINATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Simpson, NT26 October 2017
Never a dull day at Northwestel. As a field technician I worked on many different technologies and had the opportunity to travel and learn a lot. Working for Northwestel provided a great opportunity to see and experience the north.
Providing Internet, Cable TV, Voice and Data services
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT18 January 2017
Providing Internet, Cable TV, Voice and Data services as far east as Iqaluit and as far west as southern BC. Maintaining a very large footprint with never enough resources. I learned a lot in this company.