Northwest Community College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A place in constant crisis
Director of Communications and PR, (Former Employee), Terrace, BCDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great place to live
Cons: internal conflict was untenable.
I was hired to support a general initiative to improve internal and community relations for this college during a significant transition. Since leaving there, four directors either left or were let go, as did a Vice President and a President. Another Vice President has retired and a fourth has been on leave indefinitely. I was glad to move on at the time.

The reputation in the community was so bad that nearly everyone agreed my leaving was a good idea, given the culture and the ongoing conflict. I was disappointed, but was also glad to get out when I did. It was clearly going to become more difficult to sustain into the future. I was also drawn back to the south by a continuing relationship that was exacerbated by the distance between us.
current student
Student (Current Employee), Terrace, BCApril 1, 2014
Currently enrolled in 4 courses this semester. NWCC is a great institution to complete studies, great instructors and amazing field based environmental courses.
great place to work for to see success grow
Team Leader/Teachers Assistant/ Lead First Aid (Former Employee), Smithers, BCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: all food was free
Cons: long hours for the lead of the first aid personal
My time at the college was so valuable as i helped people acchieve their goals, as students grew confidence and knowledge, they were able to expand their potential and open new doors to an industry that is rewarding and benificial to the surrounding communities.
Poorly Managed
Former Instructor (Former Employee), Terrace, BCSeptember 25, 2012
Organization lacks professionalism and runs by the "seat of its pants". Be very careful before you aplly for any positions with this organization. Make some phone calls, or better yet interview instructors that work there.