A key administrative position, the Manager of Facilities and Maintenance provides administrative leadership and management of the Facilities and Maintenance department at NWCC. This position is a leader in the effective planning, construction and management of NWCC land, buildings and related equipment at all campuses. The Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating, and managing the department. This includes implementing the facility planning, overseeing the operations of the department and supervising employees.
The successful candidate has maintenance and facilities experience with 5 years of experience in a leadership and management role. Experience in a community college, a government/public institution, or other institutional setting is preferred.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline related to facilities operation, planning and maintenance or engineering, or the equivalent in business or industry experience
- Knowledge of all building maintenance trades and professionals related to the appointment
- Working knowledge of the BC Building Code, WorkSafeBC regulations, Fire Code of Canada, and Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation related to facilities construction, operation and maintenance
- Considerable knowledge of budgetary processes, including the development and administration of budgets
- Understanding and working knowledge of collective agreement administration
- Excellent interpersonal skills, negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Proficient with computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and Computerized Maintenance Management software
- General knowledge about education at the post-secondary level along with broad knowledge of community college objectives, operations, administrative and organizational structures is preferred
- Blue print reading and drafting experience is preferred
- Provincial Trades Qualifications (TQ) is an asset
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Respond in confidence by submitting a current resume and quoting competition #13.137M to: Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department:
Closing Date: This position will be posted until filled and screening will begin immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.