Reporting to the Director of Quality and the Medical Director, the Laboratory Manager is responsible for the overall day to day management of the Laboratory in keeping with Northumberland Hills Hospital’s mission, vision, values and strategic direction.
The Laboratory Manager must demonstrate:
-organizational skills to oversee the department and to meet patient care requirements
- leadership skills by making decisions that impact the laboratory in a positive manner including budget preparation, financial monitoring and reporting.
- good interpersonal skills, work as a member of the team in the laboratory, and promote team work with laboratory staff, physicians, hospital staff and other customers.
-ability to maintain a Quality Management System (QMS) program for the department and ensure ongoing evaluation of the quality of services and the performance of all personnel.
-ability to develop and maintain key utilization indicators for the department.
Education requirements and qualifications:
- Current membership in the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario.
- Specialties to include: Phlebotomy, Biochemistry, Hematology, Bacteriology and Immunohematology.
- Previous Management experience in a Health Care Setting
- Completion of OHA management courses or equivalent would be an asset
- Ability to effectively guide, direct and assist staff to continuously improve performance.
- Leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Computer skills; Meditech knowledge is a definite asset
- Ability to respond to simultaneous/competing demands
- Demonstrated compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Infection Prevention and Control practices
- Proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard.
Applicants wishing to apply to this position, must forward their resume by March 17, 2014 to:
Northumberland Hills Hospital
1000 DePalma Dr.
Cobourg, ON K9A 4W6
Attn: Human Resources
Fax: (905) 373-6958