Northlands

Northlands Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
the people i worked with where an awsume group to work with.
Northlands parking lot attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 23, 2014
i had a great time working their. I made alot of new friends as it was a part-timejob and i am lookin fo fulltime work.
Fun place great people
Guest Experience (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2014
Pros: half off on food.
Cons: long days.
Its a great place, everyone is nice and always willing to help.
Great Place to work
Guest services (Former Employee), edmonton AlbertaFebruary 19, 2014
it was a wonderful part time job. great people and a lot of fun
worked with friends and goof off environment
Stewardess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: lunch provided
Cons: long hours, very low pay.
Typical work day was putting on our jackets/ chef shirts, and then heading down to the dish pit/ kitchen, to find out what we needed to bring up to the banquet halls. we'd carry racks for putting glasses in and carts for plates. and sometimes the chefs would get us to push there portable ovens up to the banquet areas. Then once we got up there we'd – more... set up our clearing tables behind the banquet, so that the public does not see us dealing with there dirty dishes. Once the event would start some of us would be chosen to plate pull, which was pulling the already made plates of food out of a hot oven.
Once they were all pulled out we'd start clearing or plates and pours out drinks and putting them in there racks. We'd continue on doing this until we had all of the eatery ready to pull back down stairs to the dish pit.
Hardest part standing and walking for any where between 8 to 10 hours and the handling of hot plates.
Most enjoyable would be the working with friends staff were friendly. – less
Unstable
Waiter (Former Employee), rexallAugust 15, 2013
You work with different supervisors and workers every day. never the same..
tips were great
Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2013
it was a fast paced enviroment
had to set up an hour early
co workers were great alot of them were willing to help
hardest part of the job was being constantly on your feet
most enjoyable meeting new people
fun workplace
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
learned a lot of new things, having fun, good relationships with management and co workers
Making Memories
Guest Services Host (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: meeting new people and lighting up their face with a smile! it's truly magical.
Cons: minimum wage
There is nothing I like better than to great someone new to a Northlands event and give them the best customer service I can possibly give them. I love how the guests respond and feel like they've rec'd special treatment and that I've given them some little secret tidbit of information that they would never have known otherwise.
Great work enviorment.
Banquet Server / Bartender (Former Employee), Edmonton, AbFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: crazy work schedule
I really enjoyed my job at Northlands and I would recommend anyone to go and work for them.
Supportive and postive working environment
Assistant to the Director of Major Events (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: led events for aadac such as christmas parties, united way events, conference galas, and many more
Cons: government retraints often changed priorities and learning sometimes was postponed
A positive place to work and grow within the organization. It was a continuous learning scale both internally and externally with clients and staff. The most enjoyable part of my day was assisting Albertans and clients with our publications and knowing I was making a difference.
not a great place
Cater (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch and supper
Cons: no hours
the hardest part of the job was getting out of bed
since they didnt pay very well and not many hours at all
Great for part time but that's about it
Host (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2012
Pros: free hockey and events
Cons: long amounts of standing in one spot
met alot of people seen alot of sweeet shows and hockey games, boses were pretty easy going as long as you did your job
Great place to learn to do a great job
Northlands Park Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 27, 2012
Pros: 50% off food, every other weekend off
Cons: two weeks days, two weeks nights
My Days start at 0600 or 1800 hours. Day shifts are slow until 0930 and then busy until shift end. Nights shifts are busy right off the bat and quiet afterwards. The Job is enjoyable, but there is alot to learn. I have seen a change in management over the last two years. I am on my fourth manager since I started six and half years ago. As with any job, – more... this job has had alot of turn over.

This job has taught me to schedule better, to be a better supervisor, how to handle disagreements between staff and how to be more effective in teaching. My report writing has gotten better and I have to give credit to my current manager, she teaches me to the point I understand what she wants. I am still learning. – less
Fast paced & a good place to work.
Waitress (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 27, 2012
I learned organizational & timing skills, i.e getting orders out as fast as i can, keeping areas clean for easy access to certain items i needed at our work stations. It was easy to get along with all the staff everyone was friendly. The hardest part was when it got really busy & i would panic but i always got the job done sometimes with help from my – more... awesome co-workers. At the end of the day the panic would all be worth it from the tips i made. – less
Fun and exciting, it was newly opened when I started
Bar/dining room Manager (Former Employee), Spencerport, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: great boss
Cons: late hours
My boss was great with the customers and he trusted me to help him take care of the dining room and other servers. It was a fun and i made a good wage.