Northlands Employee Reviews

awesome place
Guest Experience (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2017
helping guests with any questions or concerns they may have for the venue and event. always on your feet and very customer orientated. all coworkers are super friendly
Poor
Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
Never got a break after standing for 5+ hours in the same spot. Couldn't go to the washroom because no one would take over the till. No break = no food. Hungry most of the time. Management was rude and never recognized anything positive, even when they say they'll give you an award they don't. Only good thing is free drinks. Some co-workers were very rude and management didn't punish bullies. Very unsanitary, some workers would touch shoes and then food. Old moldy food was served often in the concession.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No break, poor management, rude employees
fun atmosphere, laid back
Food Banquet Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2017
overall a great time, good money. Very multicultural work atmosphere, free food, flexible hours. Sometimes required to carry weight that is just too heavy for some people
Pros
free food
Cons
sometimes have to stay late
Great Place to Work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
I've been with Northlands coming up on a year and it's one of the best places I've worked. The people are amazing, the management is very flexible and understanding, and the work-life balance is wonderful. Can't say enough great things about it.
Questionable Management, Great People
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
I worked at this company for almost 6 years. What I've learned?

The management there are not reliable at all. They do NOT take care of their employees but instead micromanage which hurts moral and confidence in being able to complete jobs without failure. They only care about their own motives. They don't use positive reinforcement. Basically, if management wants to talk to you, you're in some kind of trouble. They treat employees like pawns, not like people. They don't recognize good job performance and service, they only pay attention to what "looks bad" to the company. They never used any ideas that I had, or my fellow guards. They cared more about saving money than creating a place where employees and guests can have a memorable experience.

The coworkers I had were great! The relationships I built while I was there still last today. I'm still friends with a majority of those I worked with. They were all bummed when I left the company. Everybody takes care of each other as the management doesn't do that.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a place to work for just a paycheck, then go ahead. But if you plan on moving up in your career choice,. Northlands is NOT the place to do that.
Pros
Great People. Decent Benefits
Cons
Poor Management. Employees treated like trash.
Fun place to work
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2017
I have learned to work well with others and to come a agreeable term to customer needs for customers. I enjoy working with other people.
Pros
Get tickets for K Days Cheaper
Cons
Hours are cut
great experience
Guest Experience (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2016
Working at Northlands was a great experience for me I learned valuables things during my employment there. Only complaint is lack of work hours and shifts.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Lack of shifts
Productive and fun workplace.
Guest Experience (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2016
Extremely guest orientated, fast paced environment , and quick thinking involved. Always trying to answer any guests questions and really getting to enjoy the show or even that is going on that day. The hardest part of the job is that it is a very big building and there is a lot of walking involved, but the most enjoyable part of my job is making sure every guest who attends the events have the best time ever.
Pros
Getting to work events you may not able to afford to go to.
Cons
Standing for most or all of the shift.
My Review of Northlands
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2016
A typical day at work was quite fun. The people I worked with and the type of work we did was enjoyable. They taught me the job well enough but unfortunately there weren't enough hours available.
Pros
Fun work.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Productive day in busy restaurant.
Food runner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2016
The restaurant was a fast paced environment. I learned skills on costumer service and how to serve food, and drinks. There was a strong sense of support among the co workers. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the fast paced environment especially during the rush hour.
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2016
it was a good place to work got to meet lots of new people and learned new skills the team leaders were nice but at other times they would just pick favorites
Productive and great place to build your career
Interim F&B Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2016
Northlands is a great place to work and explore your career. The company as a whole is quite diverse and has various opportunities for a growth driven individual.
good place
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2016
good place to work, the people are good, the supervisors understand and listen and given specific details when asked a question and have a open door policy if you need to talk
Great job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2016
Cater events, manage sections of about 6 tables, 10 peaople.
I have learned patience.
The hardest part of the job is having to deal with people that do not want to work, but want to get paid.
I enjoy interacting with guests and and seeing the satisfied look on their faces.
Pros
Lots of freebies
Cons
Inadequate break
Enjoyable but not enough hours
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2016
I enjoy working here immensely. Between the fellow employees and management it's a fun job. As it is event heavy, the shifts can be quite limited though with nothing going on, or more staff then hours to be handed out.
productive fun place with great people
Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2016
Northlands is a great place to work at, the people are friendly and work isn't difficult. the atmosphere overall is professional and very productive.
Pros
free lunch food for lunch
Cons
no opportunity for growth
It was a good experience
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2016
It was a good experience. I learned a lot on how to deal with different types of people.I learned to work under pressure and how to react to different scenarios.
VP's need to be replaced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2016
Poor communication
CEO and VP's have poor communication
Union people rule the place
Under rated management salaries
Lot's of good people leaving
Great environment to work with nice people
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2016
Wide variety of employees, bosses are nice and understanding. Really enjoyed working with the community. And the hardest part of the job would be not getting locked out during break outside if some one outside does not have a key.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Heavy trays, could maybe be some young people working there
Sign Shop Worker
Sign Maker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2016
Beautiful Place to Work and good pay but....very poor manage because this place it's so big there is no supervision at all. "The Real" supervisor will be 10 blocks away from this place.
You would have to be an Asskisser to the supervisor in other to give you the "better" Jobs or less hard work if not prepare to do eventually everything else while everyone else will chat in the office on working hours.
They hired me under knowledge of computers and adobe illustrator skills but it was the VERY LEAST thing I did, in fact ! you will be replace by some gardener or student first on the computer before you!
It was very disappointment to had lived this experience, I apply for this job for the opportunities that would had come for my future but I had to quit before my time because it was absurd to work like that!
DON'T APPLY HERE.
YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!
Pros
Half Price Lunch, Good Paid
Cons
Lack of Work Ethics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northlands. Our community is ready to answer.

Northlands Reviews by Location