Northlands Employee Reviews

cashier in parking lot gig
Part-time Parking Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2017
It was a very easy job and the hours weren't too bad. They gave us occasional free tickets to games. The management was pretty easy going and they were around for support if needed
hard working
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2017
Setting tables, keeping customers happy, ensure great customer service, communicate with staff and customers and make sure everything is organized and well placed
Pros
great food on lunch braks
Cons
not a great team environment
great job and great people
LABOUR CREW (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2017
work started at 6 am and finished at 2:00 pm. As a team we all worked together in to collect garbage around the fairgrounds of kdays and the surrounding neighborhoods and busy roads. It taught me to not litter and also tell my friends to not litter. My fellow employees and the managers were great people to work with. The best part of the job was how close all of us got by the end of the ten days.
Pros
20$ an hour salary
Cons
working in hot sun all day
Great Co-Workers
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2017
Working alongside the other parking staff members was a great experience, we shared common interests and worked towards similar goals in life and in the workplace.
Best place I've ever worked
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
I've loved my 3 years at Northlands and it's been a great experience. The other staff are always friendly, including management. I've always felt welcome at Northlands and felt like my contributions were valued.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Not enough hours
productive and fun
Server (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
Pros:
Coworkers are nice! If you work for long enough shifts, there may be food provided for the workers. Nice to meet and interact with new people.

Cons:
There are not a lot of shifts. I have experienced being under a supervisor who is unfair.
Family atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2017
I currently work at Northlands with a bunch of really great people and the management is so easy to work for, I have learned how to count cash,stock and how to work well as a team
Pros
The people
awesome place
Guest Experience (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2017
helping guests with any questions or concerns they may have for the venue and event. always on your feet and very customer orientated. all coworkers are super friendly
Poor
Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
Never got a break after standing for 5+ hours in the same spot. Couldn't go to the washroom because no one would take over the till. No break = no food. Hungry most of the time. Management was rude and never recognized anything positive, even when they say they'll give you an award they don't. Only good thing is free drinks. Some co-workers were very rude and management didn't punish bullies. Very unsanitary, some workers would touch shoes and then food. Old moldy food was served often in the concession.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No break, poor management, rude employees
fun atmosphere, laid back
Food Banquet Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2017
overall a great time, good money. Very multicultural work atmosphere, free food, flexible hours. Sometimes required to carry weight that is just too heavy for some people
Pros
free food
Cons
sometimes have to stay late

Want to know more about Northlands?

Ask a question
Great Place to Work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
I've been with Northlands coming up on a year and it's one of the best places I've worked. The people are amazing, the management is very flexible and understanding, and the work-life balance is wonderful. Can't say enough great things about it.
Questionable Management, Great People
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
I worked at this company for almost 6 years. What I've learned?

The management there are not reliable at all. They do NOT take care of their employees but instead micromanage which hurts moral and confidence in being able to complete jobs without failure. They only care about their own motives. They don't use positive reinforcement. Basically, if management wants to talk to you, you're in some kind of trouble. They treat employees like pawns, not like people. They don't recognize good job performance and service, they only pay attention to what "looks bad" to the company. They never used any ideas that I had, or my fellow guards. They cared more about saving money than creating a place where employees and guests can have a memorable experience.

The coworkers I had were great! The relationships I built while I was there still last today. I'm still friends with a majority of those I worked with. They were all bummed when I left the company. Everybody takes care of each other as the management doesn't do that.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a place to work for just a paycheck, then go ahead. But if you plan on moving up in your career choice,. Northlands is NOT the place to do that.
Pros
Great People. Decent Benefits
Cons
Poor Management. Employees treated like trash.
Fun place to work
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2017
I have learned to work well with others and to come a agreeable term to customer needs for customers. I enjoy working with other people.
Pros
Get tickets for K Days Cheaper
Cons
Hours are cut
great experience
Guest Experience (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2016
Working at Northlands was a great experience for me I learned valuables things during my employment there. Only complaint is lack of work hours and shifts.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Lack of shifts
Productive and fun workplace.
Guest Experience (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2016
Extremely guest orientated, fast paced environment , and quick thinking involved. Always trying to answer any guests questions and really getting to enjoy the show or even that is going on that day. The hardest part of the job is that it is a very big building and there is a lot of walking involved, but the most enjoyable part of my job is making sure every guest who attends the events have the best time ever.
Pros
Getting to work events you may not able to afford to go to.
Cons
Standing for most or all of the shift.
My Review of Northlands
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2016
A typical day at work was quite fun. The people I worked with and the type of work we did was enjoyable. They taught me the job well enough but unfortunately there weren't enough hours available.
Pros
Fun work.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Productive day in busy restaurant.
Food runner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2016
The restaurant was a fast paced environment. I learned skills on costumer service and how to serve food, and drinks. There was a strong sense of support among the co workers. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the fast paced environment especially during the rush hour.
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2016
it was a good place to work got to meet lots of new people and learned new skills the team leaders were nice but at other times they would just pick favorites
Productive and great place to build your career
Interim F&B Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2016
Northlands is a great place to work and explore your career. The company as a whole is quite diverse and has various opportunities for a growth driven individual.
good place
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2016
good place to work, the people are good, the supervisors understand and listen and given specific details when asked a question and have a open door policy if you need to talk