Northlands

Northlands Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun,interesting
Waitress (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches and discounts
Cons: long hours
working at northlands is fun, always was and always will be.
we had alot of events and they were all different had a chance to work with alot of different people, my age and some older.
High Paced with Great Attention to Detail
Pari-Mutual Teller (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: No Breaks even on 8 hour shifts, unable to advance
Everyday you were required to have precise attention to detail and what the customers were telling you. You would be working with over 10 race tracks per shift that all had specific codes. As an employee you were required to be fast when entering customer bets as well as overly accurate to make sure the bet was placed correctly before the race began or Northlands would take financial losses.

All about how your data was input into the system, one mistake could cost a customer hundreds to thousands of dollars, and it was always a fast paced environment with repetitive tasks.

Overall it was a fun place to work once you knew how to do your job correctly, although the training provided was short of what should be taught to new employees.
Fun and awesome place for teens and students
Server, Bartender, Supervisor (Former Employee), AlbertaJune 17, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Your Own Age. (30+ isn't ideal at northlands F/S department)
Fun and awesome place for teens and students. Co-Workers were awesome, customers are enjoyable. Paid training and certification. Lots of summer work. Loved it. Until outgrew it.
Great experience!
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2015
Pros: Diverse customers
Cons: I was hired at a job fair along with a bunch of youth, they didn't take the job seriously and caused some potentially dangerous episodes
I learned how to prepare and tear down events, There was work for almost every time period desired. Early morning and day for set up and cleaning, evening and later at night for serving.
worked at concessions
Food service (Current Employee), At halls and concessionMay 20, 2015
I learned how set up dinner tables, how to serve guest well and how to organize plates and utensils after clearing them. And also how to carry trays with stuff
Team work culture is excellent
Security Guard (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
Just like one family. Everyone works as a team. This increases the productivity of the employers because everyone works hard knowing that he/she is cared for and appreciated by the management and co-workers.
productive
Waitress (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2015
All days are the same . However, the greatest thing there is the happiness that i feel to see and know the guest satisfaction according to our services.
fun
Sales Clerk/Waitress (Former Employee), Edmonton, ENGMarch 23, 2015
Not too bad for a first time job
Could be tedious and the pay want that attractive
There were rude people and I worked for a guy who I actually thought hated me because he was so rude and crude.
fun workplace
Guest Experience (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2015
It becomes very busy. Have to be proactive in ensuring guests have the best experience at each event. Supervisors and Co-workers are very friendly.
Regular work place, enjoyable depending on the task.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches when northlands had banquets and fancy dinners
Cons: very long hours
Personally, I didn't enjoy my northlands experience. new employees were treated unfairly, and old employees had an advantage. Managers were disrespectful and not only did we work long hour even if we were underage but we had to do hard work and weren't allowed breaks less told so, which was usually towards the end. But after all the hard work, the pay was worth it.
Close knit workplace
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free food, cool people, tips
Cons: weird hours
A typical day at work would include me making popcorn, setting up the concession, getting the float and saying hello to the locals. Next me and my coworkers would work until the concession closed. then at this point we would count the cash and send it off to the bank. i learned how to use a cash register, and i became more of a people person. the coworkers we more like friends to me, especially the people i worked with in the concession. the hardest part of the job was derby day because of how busy it was, and the most enjoyable part was working with cool people.
Typical day
Steward (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch, working with friends
Cons: low pay, no benefits, little hours
I would help bring down all equipent to clean up after banquets. Working as a team to clear all tables, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
fun
Guest Experience Host (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2014
Lots of work to do, friendly staff. Had a good time. ou should work here because it is good.
its a job
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2014
always something to do
the events are fun
a lot of co-workers
the people i worked with where an awsume group to work with.
Northlands parking lot attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 23, 2014
i had a great time working their. I made alot of new friends as it was a part-timejob and i am lookin fo fulltime work.
Fun place great people
Guest Experience (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2014
Pros: half off on food.
Cons: long days.
Its a great place, everyone is nice and always willing to help.
Great Place to work
Guest services (Former Employee), edmonton AlbertaFebruary 19, 2014
it was a wonderful part time job. great people and a lot of fun
worked with friends and goof off environment
Stewardess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: lunch provided
Cons: long hours, very low pay.
Typical work day was putting on our jackets/ chef shirts, and then heading down to the dish pit/ kitchen, to find out what we needed to bring up to the banquet halls. we'd carry racks for putting glasses in and carts for plates. and sometimes the chefs would get us to push there portable ovens up to the banquet areas. Then once we got up there we'd set up our clearing tables behind the banquet, so that the public does not see us dealing with there dirty dishes. Once the event would start some of us would be chosen to plate pull, which was pulling the already made plates of food out of a hot oven.
Once they were all pulled out we'd start clearing or plates and pours out drinks and putting them in there racks. We'd continue on doing this until we had all of the eatery ready to pull back down stairs to the dish pit.
Hardest part standing and walking for any where between 8 to 10 hours and the handling of hot plates.
Most enjoyable would be the working with friends staff were friendly.
Unstable
Waiter (Former Employee), rexallAugust 15, 2013
You work with different supervisors and workers every day. never the same..
fun workplace
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
learned a lot of new things, having fun, good relationships with management and co workers