Northlands Employee Review

worked with friends and goof off environment
Stewardess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2013
Typical work day was putting on our jackets/ chef shirts, and then heading down to the dish pit/ kitchen, to find out what we needed to bring up to the banquet halls. we'd carry racks for putting glasses in and carts for plates. and sometimes the chefs would get us to push there portable ovens up to the banquet areas. Then once we got up there we'd set up our clearing tables behind the banquet, so that the public does not see us dealing with there dirty dishes. Once the event would start some of us would be chosen to plate pull, which was pulling the already made plates of food out of a hot oven.
Once they were all pulled out we'd start clearing or plates and pours out drinks and putting them in there racks. We'd continue on doing this until we had all of the eatery ready to pull back down stairs to the dish pit.
Hardest part standing and walking for any where between 8 to 10 hours and the handling of hot plates.
Most enjoyable would be the working with friends staff were friendly.
Pros
lunch provided
Cons
long hours, very low pay.

Other Northlands Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with
CASH RECONCILIATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2017
All my time working at Northlands i quite enjoyed it, its a good environment with lots of energy flowing through the building. Alot of nice welcoming people.
Cons
no benifits
Great if you like team work
Concession Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2017
It is a very busy place with a lot of excitement. You are always meeting new people and the events are always different. This job will always keep you on your toes.
Pros
50% discount for employees on food and beverages. Chances to win tickets to hosted events.
Cons
This job can be stressful when there is a sold out show.