Northlands Employee Review

worked with friends and goof off environment
Stewardess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2013
Typical work day was putting on our jackets/ chef shirts, and then heading down to the dish pit/ kitchen, to find out what we needed to bring up to the banquet halls. we'd carry racks for putting glasses in and carts for plates. and sometimes the chefs would get us to push there portable ovens up to the banquet areas. Then once we got up there we'd set up our clearing tables behind the banquet, so that the public does not see us dealing with there dirty dishes. Once the event would start some of us would be chosen to plate pull, which was pulling the already made plates of food out of a hot oven.
Once they were all pulled out we'd start clearing or plates and pours out drinks and putting them in there racks. We'd continue on doing this until we had all of the eatery ready to pull back down stairs to the dish pit.
Hardest part standing and walking for any where between 8 to 10 hours and the handling of hot plates.
Most enjoyable would be the working with friends staff were friendly.
Pros
lunch provided
Cons
long hours, very low pay.

Other Northlands Employee Reviews

great place
BUILDING ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2018
if you like different shows and stuff they run on a 24 hour time clock the hours are sometimes great the building attendants are nice and the causal labouer pool is not bad
Fun place to be
Guest Experience Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2018
While working for Northlands I was able to experience things I know I would never have just on my own. Being able to see the amount of new faces everyday, helping them to their seats or guiding them around the arena. Was a great place to be and a great bunch of people to be around.
Pros
New experiences
Cons
Not good management organization