Northland School Division No. 61
Employment Opportunities (2)
AREA MAINTENANCE SUPERVISORS
Northland School Division No. 61 has immediate openings for two (2) Area Maintenance Supervisors to provide and oversee maintenance services:
1. This position will be based out of the Peace River Maintenance Office, responsible for maintenance services in the communities of Bishop-Routhier (Peavine), East Prairie, Keg River, Gift Lake, Grouard, Trout Lake, Little Buffalo, Paddle Prairie, Peerless Lake and Susa Creek.
2. This position will be based out of the Wabasca Maintenance Office, responsible for maintenance services in the communities of Calling Lake, Chipewyan Lake, and Wabasca areas (Mistassiniy School, Pelican Mountain School and St. Theresa School).
The successful candidates will report to the Division Facility Manager. Ideally, they will be qualified in one of the carpentry, plumbing/gas fitting or electrical trades combined with extensive supervisory experience. These individuals should have a good understanding of all relevant code requirements; knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trades; and be adaptable to a changing environment. The candidates will maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students and staff by timely completion of both emergent and routine maintenance tasks.
Extensive travel and some overnight trips are involved.
The successful candidates must:
- Have strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills;
- Knowledge of Northland First Nation and Metis communities and cultures, as well as be able to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting;
- Be flexible in hours of work and working conditions
- Valid drivers’ license
- First Aid certificate
Salary range: $66,339.00 - $90,879.00 per annum plus comprehensive benefit package.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume including the names of three (3) employer references, and other pertinent documents.
Open until suitable candidates found. We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Kindly note that offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check.