Property Tax - Para-Legal
Review and assess The company’s properties for tax savings opportunities.
Research and maintains knowledge of tax and assessment laws, regulations and court decisions.
Assist in developing valuation arguments.
Assist in successfully representing the company with its property tax challenges.
Reviews records for property tax refund potential, credits, deficiency assessments, and procedural recommendations.
Updates work-in-process reports.
Reviews on-site inspections of the company’s operations and properties with a view to provide the opportunity to minimize the tax burden of the company.
Works with assessment and tax officials to achieve maximum tax savings.
Foster and maintain open communication and working relationships with tax department officials.
Training to be provided.
- 1 – 2 years prior experience in property assessment valuation methodologies with specific experience in commercial/industrial properties.
- Understanding of municipal taxation systems
- Self-starter who can function independently and in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel;
- Strong communication skills to interact with clients, governmental agencies, solicitors, auditors, business organizations, tax committees and vendors.