Northfield Medical Centre- Waterloo – Waterloo, ON
Part time with full time possibility.
Medical Office Receptionist
- Job Purpose: Serves patients by greeting and helping them; scheduling appointments according to the situation; maintaining records and accounts.
- Medical Office Receptionist Job Duties:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal information.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies if needed.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications: Medical Terminology,Typist min 40 w/m.
Skills: Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing , Professionalism, Quality Focus, Experience in health care industry.
- Experience with Practice Solutions Software a plus.
- Languages: Mandarin a plus.
Education: Medical Office Administration.
Willing to work evening shifts (4:00 PM to 8:00 PM) and Saturdays.