Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust Corp. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Short Breaks
Good Day at work
Learned a Lot
Good Management
Helpful Co-workers
No Hardest part of job
Almost enjoyable part of the job
Good benefits, global opportunities
Second Vice President (Current Employee), ChicagoAugust 18, 2015
Northern is currently in a period of expansion within the asset servicing/administration sector. Traditional lines of business are steady. Salaries are lower than average for the Chicago market, while benefits are higher than average.
Wonderful place to work with numerous opportunities
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Wonderful place to work
Cons: The commute.
I worked for the Northern Trust Company for 12 years, I had the opportunity to hold several different jobs during my years there. I started off as a Universal Teller and worked my way up the ladder to become a Personal Banker. The Northern is a great company to work for, they offer great benefits and opportunities. I really enjoyed learning all of the aspects of the different jobs I held over the years,
Strict, but rewarding workplace
Process Analyst(Contract) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2015
The People are great, but the environment is very deadline driven. A typical day is looking at invoices or contract. I learned how to be professional and conduct myself better.
good work place
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2015
Learnt a lot while teaching so its kind of win-win place for every one i guess. If there is a chance i would love to work here in future also.
Work Place and Challenges
Manager (Current Employee), Manila, PhilippinesJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Flex time, People
Cons: Extensive work hours during month end and too many engagements
Healthy work place with good sense of diversity and inclusion is fostered in the company. Good challenge and at the same time fulfilling with managing clients' multiple demands.
Not Now
Senior Accountant (Technical Coordinator) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2015
I do not wish to provide a review at this time. I worked at Northern for almost five years. I started as an associate accountant and am currently a senior, or technical coordinator.
insurance
Technical Coordinator - Wealth cash movement (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
The following section has already been completed. This particular page is a duplicate and I'm unable to complete the following section.
Productive and good place to be.
File/Records Clerk (Former Employee), Chcago,ILJune 22, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable place to be at.
Cons: It was a temp. position, wish I was still there
Enjoyed everything about the job it was simple and I enjoyed. I enjoyed the people, my Boss, the facilities. Everything was great.
Place where we can learn a lot
Tax Analyst (Former Employee), BangaloreJune 21, 2015
Pros: Work-Life balance, Benefits.
Cons: Poor way of selecting candidates internally
3 years of my career in NT and it has been absolutely a wonderful experience. I have learnt every single thing about professional life in this company and if a person ought to start his carreer then this would be the right place. I made some wonderful friends in my tenure in this company with whom I have cherished some good memories. I loved my job, because it gave me satisfaction each day i went back to my home.
I liked working at the Bank.
Second Vice President (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
I liked working at the bank for all the years. They had good benefits. I was a computer programmer. I was on call 24 hours a day and 7 day a week.
Productive environment with extensive client focus
Team Leader/Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2015
Pros: Family oriented environment with little to no interaction from upper management due to my knowledge, skills and expertise while managing the team.
Cons: I currently dont have any backup on the team that can assist myself, I am constantly working overtime to cover my team and myself
On a daily basis my responsibilities include managing the workflow of a team of 20 junior and senior client auditors. The bulk of the work being performed is based on fund statements being received, priced, trades processed and audited for accuracy. All of the client auditors have a client deadline they must meet on a monthly basis with all escalation and inquiries being raised to myself for clarification. I am the lead liaison for client interaction and research as well as the lead trainer for all client auditors within the department. My management style is hands on with constant interaction for my client auditors while assisting them when needed with their audits. Since I have worked for this organization for 10 years and began my career as a junior auditor and worked my way to management...I am understanding of their roles, responsibilities and the need for assistance. The best part of my job is hearing my clients and client auditors express that I have helped them to achieve a goal and knowing that I am their "go to" person.
I have always given my best at work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 6, 2015
The management is good, My co workers helped me a lot, We get sedexo every month, Working at this company really made me to learn many things, It gave me good knowledge, Got to know in and out of Mutual Funds
na
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2015
northern trust is a good company to work with, good environment, in fracture, culture and nice location amazing colleges and nice management
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Fixed Income Operations (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2015
Worked with knowledgeable and educated co-workers. The job was challenging and enjoyable. Managers were verify experienced and great to work for.
productive
Teradata Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Work Life Balance
Full Stack Developer/Technical Architect (Current Employee), Chicago IlMay 27, 2015
Work Life Balance is good. But technologies are pretty obsolete and there is a lot of politics.Overall a nice company to work for.
Productive workplace
Personal Banker/Lobby Manager (Former Employee), Clayton, MOMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: No opportunity for advancement
great job culture, good to staff, gets lots of training when necessary. excellent when it comes to time management and not a lot of pressure of employees which is a plus.
good place to work
Weblogic Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 24, 2015
Good team to work with. Nice to work with the manager and the team. Team leadership very understandable. Working at this company helped me in furthering my professional skills and interpersonal skills.
Productivity and fun workplace
Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Cab Facilities .
Cons: Long hours
The productivity at Northern is very high . The main reason for this is their timely training schedules . The pay individual attention to every employee . The Manager and the Team lead of my team was very helpful in every task i did . This is how a team builds and this is how Northern works.
Headquarters