Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust Corp. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very enjoyable company
Divisional Assistant, Check Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Scanned checks into database to be routed to particular departments. Prepared outdated documents for storage, organized files, archived documents, distributed mail, balanced market values for K-1 reports. Filed, faxed, photocopied and ordered department supplies.
Informatica Consultant
Sr. Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2015
• Involved in Requirement Analysis, ETL Design and Development for extracting the data from various sources like Oracle, VSAM files, Flat files.
• Responsible for developing complex Informatica mappings using different types of transformations like UNION transformation, LOOKUP transformations, Router, Filter, Aggregator, Expression and Update strategy transformations for Large volumes of Data.
• Developed mappings to load large amount of data from different sources to staging area, mappings for load the data from staging area to Dimension and Daily/MonthlyFacts.
• Implemented slowly changing dimension Type 1 andType 2 for Change data capture.
• Developed Health check processto do post load validation.
• Responsible for Defining Mapping parameters and variables and Session parameters according to the requirements and performance related issues.
• Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loading into data warehouse
• Analyzed Source to Stage and Stage to Target mapping document based on Facts & Dimensions and validating the DDL, Counts, Not Nulls, Duplicates, PK & FK validation, business rules to be applied on target tables.
• Tested loading of various source data (IM, ST, ALS, RMS, Loanserve) to Pre-Staging, Staging, Data Store, Dimensions Facts target Oracle systems.
• Involved in creation of Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Execution based on mapping specs to validate the platform data.
• Used TOAD for Oracle in creating & executing SQL queries for testingETL process.
• Tested Full load & Incremental load by entering – more... the sample test data to couple of entities and making sure Inserts & Updates of loading the data is done correctly.
• Validated Type II SCD for loading current and history of Customer, Instrument, Address, Dealer, Product dimensions based on the natural key.
• Used Quality Center 11.0 as test management tool to manage and organize Requirements Coverage, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Creation of defects.
• Followed Defect management life cycle and raised the defects based on priority and severity level in QC.
• Prepared Traceability Matrix for each entity and marking down Test requirement, Test Head line, Actual result & Expected result.
• Implemented Iterative and Incremental Agile - Scrum Methodology for rapidly changing or highly emergent requirements and following parallel development and testing – less
Fun Place to work, Excellent work Culture
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: transpotation, working culture
Cons: working hours
its been a learning curve for me from the day i joined and i have gained insight into working of financial industry, organisational behavior, working environment of the MNC, HR policies and regulations. i have learned to be good team member and contribute towards achievement as individual. and be effective Team player.
Challenges that job offers me on daily basis is of handling clients across the domain, risk mitigation, etc. the best part of the job is my job role and my colleges.
Vice President Risk and Compliance (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great organization
Cons: difficult career advancement
Northern is a good place to work, but career advancement in the field that I am in is difficult. While the core business of the organization is in management of assets, my area of concentration has been in banking operations, which has made it difficult for career advancement.
A conservative company
Senior Account Manager (2nd Vice President) (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 12, 2015
A conservative company with plenty of opportunity to develop skills amongst a talented work force with strong principles that endure.
Day to day activities
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist users while balancing an array of tasks. I have the opportunity to help other colleagues when I have free time.
Excellent
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaFebruary 5, 2015
Northern Trust (Nasdaq:NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions to corporations, institutions and affluent individuals. For 125 years, we have evolved with the changing needs of our clients and our world.
Great organization with mostly good people
none (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2015
Solid organization however dated technology and a culture of internal networking challenges ones ability to actually get work done.
Totally Work Life Balance
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: rewards and recognition
Cons: nothing
This place is so amazing with lot of work life balance. Good management, Willing to listen to you and provide a solutions on a timely manner. No much stress.
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 24, 2015
Start the day off with a team briefing
Discuss funds that have deadlines and their progress
Check with team mates about any problems in finishing the job
Conduct training's and update the team on current requirements
Opportunity to grow, but slow to adopt new technology
VP (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: opportunity to grow
Cons: limited exposure to new technolgies
Company is set to grow and evolve along with the financial industry. Northern Trust is slow to adopt new technology and can be set in their ways of doing things
People centric firm
Team Leader, Derivatives Operations (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 17, 2015
Northern Trust is a people oriented company. The management is very friendly and always look out ways to keep their communications open with their employees.
productive
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), bangalore, IndiaJanuary 12, 2015
it is a very productive and fun loving office with neat and friendly ambience.
Seniors are always supportive and encouraging you all the way.
Very professional with recreational area.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, India.January 11, 2015
Pros: extended hours refreshments.
Responsibilities were to report financial statements of wealthy clients in The United States Of America. I learned using many financial tools and softwares during the course of a typical day at work. Management was very professional and designed in hierarchical style. The challenging and enjoyable part of the job was to learn Chicago based designed tools and techniques of working. I was an active member of the organization, heading the fun activities monthly for my team. Also, I hosted couple of events for the entire Northern Trust company in which more than 3000 employees participated.
Very good
Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Learned a lot from the projects I worked for. The client manager was very helpful and was supportive during my tenure.
Low compensation and below average culter
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Nothing good to say about the company besides their donations to different foundations and charities.
Culturally strong and diverse workplace
Data Analyst, Data Governance (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 6, 2015
I really enjoyed my work at Northern, there was equal opportunity for every performing employee and at times the long working hours were fun due to the light and fun environment.

There was a lot I could take from my stint at Northern. The most important being diversity, respect and inclusion at workplace. There was always an ease of working with various partners even though they were miles away from us. We could never feel any cultural difference when working with partners from different countries.

It was a very fun filled and learning time during my time at Northern and I am pretty sure I could blend with any of my future employers with ease thanks to the culture embedded into me by Northern.
Northern trust is a very good company to work for .
Data Entry Clerk/Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago ILJanuary 4, 2015
I really enjoy working for Northern Trust Company. I got a chance to learn alot about the company. I would really like to work for this company again.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sr. Account Relationship Associate (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 22, 2014
Great staff, great company, great clients. A typical day was spent servicing clients with their banking and loan needs. I learned a great deal about Private Banking, including those client's deposit and loan needs.
Amazing Place to work at
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 18, 2014
Pros: amazing job culture
Cons: not many
Typical day at work is very relaxed no matter what the work load is on that day the management is brilliant, learned the basics of hedge funds , co -workers very helpfull.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, – Read more

Northern Trust Corp. Photos