Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust Corp. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My Experience with Northern Trust
Financial Analyst [Derivatives] (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 19, 2015
Pros: We receive Sodexo of Rs 1100/month and travel allowance of Rs 3500/month
My experience with Northern Trust was absolutely great. Our management really supports all the employees to learn the whole process gradually. We had fairly experienced seniors in our team who helped us on several difficult times to overcome those barriers. The hardest part of the job comes during role days where we get a lot of instructions to process where we complete the processing part by doing overtime. The most enjoyable part will be we get to learn a lot of useful value added things that will support us in the future.

We do the processing based on the instructions that we receive from Investment Manager and the Broker. We receive instructions in the form of Swift and Fax for Cash Processing Team and in the form of Broker Statement for Trade Processing Team.
The working environnment is Awesome in northern trust
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Free food coupons
Cons: nothing
It was an awesome experience working in Northern trust, since this was my first job i learned many things, I cherish every moment what northern trust has given me.
Best Work Culture
Financial Analyst - Corporate Actions (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Work culture
Cons: Shifts
The journey at Northern was a wonderful Experience.The best part of Northern is the work culture, They have a people friendly environment which helps every partner within the organisation enjoy the work what they are doing and thus contribute towards the benefit of the organisation as well as meet the expectations of the client.
Good, stable
Senior Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 12, 2015
Stable, strong company. Ability to grow and move. Work from home options. Good work life balance. I would recommend company.
Excellent Corporation
Securities Technician (Former Employee), Chciago, IllinoisApril 5, 2015
Outstanding wealth management company with excellent benefit and good place to work. I really would like to work there again, but job are being shipped to India and Arizona.
4 out of 5
team leader fx dept (Current Employee), NJApril 2, 2015
i am a very hard worker get my days work done on time and also help my co work with there daily activity complete,I also have 4 staff member working under my supervision
I enjoyed working in NT.I worked there for 3.5 years and left it because i got PR and moved to Australia.
Administrator (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 31, 2015
NT is a great company i was in Night shift there worked for 3.5 years and enjoyed my time there.Learnt a lot contributed a lot got some awards.Nice people great company.
Like a rock
Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
A stable and considerate environment, the kind of place you come to work if you want to know you'll have a career and future tomorrow and for the next few years.
A typical day at work
ACH Investigator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
A typical day at work involved monitoring, processing, researching and resolving Automated Clearing House (ACH), inquiries received internally and externally from numerous banks and credit unions within a timely manner.
A good company to work in
Analyst (Income Process) (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 12, 2015
Company has various process, The day usually starts by having a look at your mail box, just to check if u have got any imp mails as you might have to deal with outside party a lot(Registrars,investment managers etc).
Its an MNC so one can learn good corporate culture and Northern's working environment has always been good.
Once you have learned the process one will start enjoying the job and the company always encourages new ideas from the employees.
Busy, demanding
Finance (Former Employee), Dublin, DMarch 11, 2015
Deadline driven. Processing trades and commission payments to tight deadlines on a monthly basis. Answering queries and corresponding with other departments, fund managers.
Engaging,Challenging and good culture.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore.KaranatakaMarch 10, 2015
Engaging,Challenging and good overall culture. Good management
Typical day includes work,fun,and challenges.Get to learn a lot.
Experienced team members and lot of learning.Good work life balance.
Very good culture
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 5, 2015
Its a very good place for a fresher to join. Technologically Northern Trust is very backward compared to other companies.
Alternative Assets Middle Office review
Sr. Investment Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
I worked in the Middle Office for the Private Equity and Hedge Funds of Funds team. Northern Trust is an old company with it's management and employees not fans of change. It's great if you want a secure job and are willing to be a yes man. In my opinion there are better companies out there to work for.
Great opportunity, company culture
MUTUAL FUND ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), IllinoisMarch 2, 2015
Great Opportunity
Excellent benefits and employee programs
Gained lot of knowledge about the trading market
Good perks
Good manager
Good work life balance
Tea Oriented Environment
Process Analyst/Transfer Agency Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
-Good work life balance
-Slightly lower compensation
-Fast paced and challenging environment
-Can advance quickly depending on what department you are in
Very enjoyable company
Divisional Assistant, Check Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Scanned checks into database to be routed to particular departments. Prepared outdated documents for storage, organized files, archived documents, distributed mail, balanced market values for K-1 reports. Filed, faxed, photocopied and ordered department supplies.
Informatica Consultant
Sr. Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2015
• Involved in Requirement Analysis, ETL Design and Development for extracting the data from various sources like Oracle, VSAM files, Flat files.
• Responsible for developing complex Informatica mappings using different types of transformations like UNION transformation, LOOKUP transformations, Router, Filter, Aggregator, Expression and Update strategy transformations for Large volumes of Data.
• Developed mappings to load large amount of data from different sources to staging area, mappings for load the data from staging area to Dimension and Daily/MonthlyFacts.
• Implemented slowly changing dimension Type 1 andType 2 for Change data capture.
• Developed Health check processto do post load validation.
• Responsible for Defining Mapping parameters and variables and Session parameters according to the requirements and performance related issues.
• Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loading into data warehouse
• Analyzed Source to Stage and Stage to Target mapping document based on Facts & Dimensions and validating the DDL, Counts, Not Nulls, Duplicates, PK & FK validation, business rules to be applied on target tables.
• Tested loading of various source data (IM, ST, ALS, RMS, Loanserve) to Pre-Staging, Staging, Data Store, Dimensions Facts target Oracle systems.
• Involved in creation of Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Execution based on mapping specs to validate the platform data.
• Used TOAD for Oracle in creating & executing SQL queries for testingETL process.
• Tested Full load & Incremental load by entering – more... the sample test data to couple of entities and making sure Inserts & Updates of loading the data is done correctly.
• Validated Type II SCD for loading current and history of Customer, Instrument, Address, Dealer, Product dimensions based on the natural key.
• Used Quality Center 11.0 as test management tool to manage and organize Requirements Coverage, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Creation of defects.
• Followed Defect management life cycle and raised the defects based on priority and severity level in QC.
• Prepared Traceability Matrix for each entity and marking down Test requirement, Test Head line, Actual result & Expected result.
• Implemented Iterative and Incremental Agile - Scrum Methodology for rapidly changing or highly emergent requirements and following parallel development and testing – less
Fun Place to work, Excellent work Culture
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: transpotation, working culture
Cons: working hours
its been a learning curve for me from the day i joined and i have gained insight into working of financial industry, organisational behavior, working environment of the MNC, HR policies and regulations. i have learned to be good team member and contribute towards achievement as individual. and be effective Team player.
Challenges that job offers me on daily basis is of handling clients across the domain, risk mitigation, etc. the best part of the job is my job role and my colleges.
Vice President Risk and Compliance (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great organization
Cons: difficult career advancement
Northern is a good place to work, but career advancement in the field that I am in is difficult. While the core business of the organization is in management of assets, my area of concentration has been in banking operations, which has made it difficult for career advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, – Read more

Northern Trust Corp. Photos

Celebrating our 125th Anniversary, August 12, 2014
Visit our Careers Site for information about Northern Trust and search all jobs.
Our 2014 summer interns spent time volunteering at Greater the Chicago Food Depository.