Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust Corp. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good work place
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2015
Learnt a lot while teaching so its kind of win-win place for every one i guess. If there is a chance i would love to work here in future also.
Work Place and Challenges
Manager (Current Employee), Manila, PhilippinesJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Flex time, People
Cons: Extensive work hours during month end and too many engagements
Healthy work place with good sense of diversity and inclusion is fostered in the company. Good challenge and at the same time fulfilling with managing clients' multiple demands.
Not Now
Senior Accountant (Technical Coordinator) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2015
I do not wish to provide a review at this time. I worked at Northern for almost five years. I started as an associate accountant and am currently a senior, or technical coordinator.
insurance
Technical Coordinator - Wealth cash movement (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
The following section has already been completed. This particular page is a duplicate and I'm unable to complete the following section.
Productive and good place to be.
File/Records Clerk (Former Employee), Chcago,ILJune 22, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable place to be at.
Cons: It was a temp. position, wish I was still there
Enjoyed everything about the job it was simple and I enjoyed. I enjoyed the people, my Boss, the facilities. Everything was great.
Place where we can learn a lot
Tax Analyst (Former Employee), BangaloreJune 21, 2015
Pros: Work-Life balance, Benefits.
Cons: Poor way of selecting candidates internally
3 years of my career in NT and it has been absolutely a wonderful experience. I have learnt every single thing about professional life in this company and if a person ought to start his carreer then this would be the right place. I made some wonderful friends in my tenure in this company with whom I have cherished some good memories. I loved my job, because it gave me satisfaction each day i went back to my home.
I liked working at the Bank.
Second Vice President (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
I liked working at the bank for all the years. They had good benefits. I was a computer programmer. I was on call 24 hours a day and 7 day a week.
Productive environment with extensive client focus
Team Leader/Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2015
Pros: Family oriented environment with little to no interaction from upper management due to my knowledge, skills and expertise while managing the team.
Cons: I currently dont have any backup on the team that can assist myself, I am constantly working overtime to cover my team and myself
On a daily basis my responsibilities include managing the workflow of a team of 20 junior and senior client auditors. The bulk of the work being performed is based on fund statements being received, priced, trades processed and audited for accuracy. All of the client auditors have a client deadline they must meet on a monthly basis with all escalation and inquiries being raised to myself for clarification. I am the lead liaison for client interaction and research as well as the lead trainer for all client auditors within the department. My management style is hands on with constant interaction for my client auditors while assisting them when needed with their audits. Since I have worked for this organization for 10 years and began my career as a junior auditor and worked my way to management...I am understanding of their roles, responsibilities and the need for assistance. The best part of my job is hearing my clients and client auditors express that I have helped them to achieve a goal and knowing that I am their "go to" person.
I have always given my best at work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 6, 2015
The management is good, My co workers helped me a lot, We get sedexo every month, Working at this company really made me to learn many things, It gave me good knowledge, Got to know in and out of Mutual Funds
na
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2015
northern trust is a good company to work with, good environment, in fracture, culture and nice location amazing colleges and nice management
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Fixed Income Operations (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2015
Worked with knowledgeable and educated co-workers. The job was challenging and enjoyable. Managers were verify experienced and great to work for.
productive
Teradata Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Work Life Balance
Full Stack Developer/Technical Architect (Current Employee), Chicago IlMay 27, 2015
Work Life Balance is good. But technologies are pretty obsolete and there is a lot of politics.Overall a nice company to work for.
Productive workplace
Personal Banker/Lobby Manager (Former Employee), Clayton, MOMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: No opportunity for advancement
great job culture, good to staff, gets lots of training when necessary. excellent when it comes to time management and not a lot of pressure of employees which is a plus.
good place to work
Weblogic Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 24, 2015
Good team to work with. Nice to work with the manager and the team. Team leadership very understandable. Working at this company helped me in furthering my professional skills and interpersonal skills.
Productivity and fun workplace
Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Cab Facilities .
Cons: Long hours
The productivity at Northern is very high . The main reason for this is their timely training schedules . The pay individual attention to every employee . The Manager and the Team lead of my team was very helpful in every task i did . This is how a team builds and this is how Northern works.
Employee Friendly and Fun work place
Senior Portfolio Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Employee Friendly Company
Cons: Slow Growth
NT is a fun work place and very employee friendly company which makes most of its Women employees to retain the job even after baby.
decent work culture, nice atmosphere
Associate - Capital Market (Former Employee), Syntel MumbaiApril 23, 2015
Pros: good boss and culture
Cons: Loaction
Opine is very professional organisation
I have learned people management and PR apart from the assigned JD
Very talented co-workers, CAs, LLBs and MBAs
My Experience with Northern Trust
Financial Analyst [Derivatives] (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 19, 2015
Pros: We receive Sodexo of Rs 1100/month and travel allowance of Rs 3500/month
My experience with Northern Trust was absolutely great. Our management really supports all the employees to learn the whole process gradually. We had fairly experienced seniors in our team who helped us on several difficult times to overcome those barriers. The hardest part of the job comes during role days where we get a lot of instructions to process where we complete the processing part by doing overtime. The most enjoyable part will be we get to learn a lot of useful value added things that will support us in the future.

We do the processing based on the instructions that we receive from Investment Manager and the Broker. We receive instructions in the form of Swift and Fax for Cash Processing Team and in the form of Broker Statement for Trade Processing Team.
The working environnment is Awesome in northern trust
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Free food coupons
Cons: nothing
It was an awesome experience working in Northern trust, since this was my first job i learned many things, I cherish every moment what northern trust has given me.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, – Read more

Northern Trust Corp. Photos

Celebrating our 125th Anniversary, August 12, 2014
Visit our Careers Site for information about Northern Trust and search all jobs.
Our 2014 summer interns spent time volunteering at Greater the Chicago Food Depository.