If you are a Journeyman Machinist with Red Seal, please ask yourself the following questions:
- Can you can read and interpret blueprints, charts and tables?
- Have you effectively calculated dimensions and tolerances, measured and layout work pieces?
- Can you perform set up and operate various types of machine tools to perform precision machining, such as turning, milling, boring, planning, drilling, and precision grinding?
- Have you successfully operated a variety of machine shop equipment such as, lathes, milling machines, drill press, portable line boring machine, threading machines, hydraulic press, and any other machine shop equipment?
- Have you demonstrated an innate mechanical ability to fit, create and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand/power tools?
- Have you verified dimensions of products for accuracy and conformation to specifications using precision measuring instruments?
- In the past have you proven your skills, knowledge and abilities while constructing, repairing components and parts to close tolerances which have been unusual or nonstandard shapes?
- Do you like working as a team but also appreciate the opportunity to working on your own?
- Have you always complied with safe working practices?
- Do you enjoy the freedom of 6 month seasonal employment?
If you answered YES, to these questions and you possess:
- Journeyman Machinist Ticket with Red Seal
- Your own tools
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in machining
- Valid driver’s license
NTCL wants to hear from you we offer seasonal work in Hay River, NT with a competitive salary package of $67,000 - $73,000 including benefits. For non-local employees camp accommodations are provided in addition to a $45 per day meal allowance. All other considerations and benefits are per the PSAC collective agreement with NTCL.
If this sounds like an ideal position for you NTCL wants to hear from you please email your cover letter and resume to NTCL with "Machinist" in the subject line or fax your application to 780-441-3934, Attention Bronwyn Ryan.
Northern Transportation Company Limited is a subsidiary of the NorTerra Group of Companies applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within the NorTerra Group of Companies. Your interest in NTCL is appreciated. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
NorTerra Inc. is owned equally by the Inuvialuit Development Corporation representing the Inuvialuit of the Western Arctic and by Nunasi Corporation representing the Inuit of Nunavut. NTCL provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees.
Northern Transportation Company Limited (NTCL) is the largest tug and barge transportation provider in the Canadian Arctic for over 75...