Northern Trailer Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
what goes around comes around
Pipefitter/Plumber (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCDecember 12, 2015
I worked for Northern Trailer or horizon north for about a year. I started in the assembly shop in kamloops. The department I worked for didn't want outsiders to work for them. The company want new experienced trades people. The human resource staff was great. They prepared you for the corporate propaganda. Until I got to the shop or assembly line.

I have left the company so I don't really care to say what I have to say. But there's one thing "what goes around comes around ". If u look at horizon north kamloops the shop is practically crawling for work. They laid off 75% of there staff. Majority of it was due to the oil price. However majority of the good employees leaving the company is due to poor management, poor foreman personal skills and the disrespect of employees. If the upturn returns and at the next hiring phase please give your management and supervisor staff courses in communication skills and back stabbing.
Pros
good workers, good benefits
Cons
management horrible
residential electrician on assembly line
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMarch 31, 2015
Stripping wires in preparation for installing devices such as lights plugs and switches in trailers as they come down an assembly line
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Drama
Not enough mental awareness and thought to what I had to do.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCDecember 18, 2013
Throughout the days with toolbox's and safety meetings I learned the importance of safety and the direction of the industry which has led my decision towards becoming a Construction Safety Officer.
Pros
went to good camps(good food and gyms)
Cons
not enough hours, while in camp
repetitous factory work
3rd Year Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCAugust 13, 2013
Dont work here if you want to use your brain. it is a repetitious factory job and you do the same thing day in and day out.