Northern Regional Health Authority

Northern Regional Health Authority Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Job was flexible and suitable for a highschool student
Dietary Aide & Housekeeping (Former Employee), The Pas, MBMay 6, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no supervisor
My typical day at work would be cleaning, serving dinner and washing/ cleaning up after. My hours were flexible and work loads was able to be switched and done in an order that worked better and more efficiently for myself. I enjoyed this job as it fit well with my high school classes since I would only for after 4 and work the occasional Saturday and Sunday for short hour shifts. The hardest part of my job was determining ways to contact my supervisor when there were problems with food supply and cleaning supplies as my supervisor was not present during my work hours very often. As a dietary worker I worked with 1 nurse, 3-4 health care aids as well a 1 cook, 2 other dietary aid workers. As a housekeeper I worked alone with other hospital workers that did not pertain to the work I was required to do.
The Northern Consultation Clinic was a great place to work; opportunities for learning and growth, friendly atmosphere and flexible hours.
Receptionist (Former Employee), 871 Thompson Drive South, Thompson, MB R8N 0C8February 5, 2013
Pros: opportunity for learning
Cons: some days were long especially when there is a visiting specialist clinic
A fast-paced environment, however, starting at 8:45 am enabled preparation time before first patients arrived. Multi-tasking was essential as mail had to be handled simultaneously with admitting patients and manning the switchboard.

I learnt to make appointments using electronic booking and to prepare patient charts for upcoming appointments.

I liked the open-door management style which meant that the manager was accessible. Employee relations in the department was warm, friendly and helpful.

The hardest part of this job was the multi-tasking aspect and the most enjoyable was the cordial relationship with co-workers as well as being able to help patients and ineracting with them.