Northern Pulp Nova Scotia Corporation operates a modern highly technical bleached Kraft pulp mill at Abercrombie Point in northern Nova Scotia. We have an immediate opening for the following position:
As team player with proven leadership abilities in an industrial setting, you are able to set timelines and ensure peak performance in order to meet warehouse operational standards. In your role, you will develop warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems, evaluating and recommending new equipment, and determining space and position requirements for shipments. During the course of your duties, you will interact with Logistics, Transportation Providers, Engineering and Technical mill personnel. You will be expected to support the existing ISO processes and to fully understand the existing Collective Agreement and its daily application.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Warehouse/production facility experience
- Familiar with the operation of forklifts
- Excellent communication, administrative, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of the Nova Scotia Occupational Safety Regulations and DOT Regulations
- High School / GED (Post-secondary education in Business or related field is considered an asset)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and SAP is considered an asset
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
To apply, forward the following:
- Detailed resume
- Reference list and contact information
- Copies of all related academic transcripts and Certificates of Qualification to:
Northern Pulp Nova Scotia Corporation
P.O. Box 549, Station Main
New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
Please note that E-mailed resumes must be submitted in MSWord format.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.