Northern Pulp Nova Scotia Corporation operates a modern highly technical bleached Kraft pulp mill at Abercrombie Point in northern Nova Scotia. We have an immediate opening for the following position:
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER will be required to initiate, develop, control and implement maintenance and capital projects within the Mill and to act as a technical resource to operating and maintenance departments. In this position you may be required to supervise maintenance employees.
Candidates must have:
- a commitment to superior safety and environmental performance
- ability to plan, organize, lead and motivate employees in a team environment
- ability to plan and implement projects in a timely manner
- strong problem solving, administrative, organizational, conflict resolution, and general coaching skills
- eligibility to be registered with or must be registered as a member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia
- demonstrated a positive work ethic and the ability to work independently and communicate successfully in a team environment
- adaptability to organizational and technological change
Experience working in a union environment and the management of contractors will be considered assets. For the performance-oriented professional with strong interpersonal skills who leads by example, we offer a challenging career with a salary and benefits package that is comprehensive and competitive.
To apply, forward the following :
- Detailed resume
- Reference list and contact information
- Copies of all related academic transcripts and Certificates of Qualification to:
Northern Pulp Nova Scotia Corporation
P.O. Box 549, Station Main
New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.