Northern Property REIT Employee Reviews

Acceptable company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2015
It is a fine job but they do not pay what you deserve unless you say I am leaving.
I have resigned but it is very easy to get fired their.
Great company to work for
Office Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 12, 2015
Everyone is helpful when you have questions and coaching skills are great. Learned lots about insurance (which I have no background in), My supervisor was easy to work with and was available to answer any questions. I enjoyed all aspects of the job.
amazing group of people
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  chetwynd BCOctober 11, 2015
Absolutely love working for Northern Properties in chetwynd BC. The people alone made me excited to get up every morning and go to work. Definitely one of my favourite places I have ever worked. Everyone is so kind and the teamwork is amazing. Management is so understanding.
Pros
great people and very family orientated
Cons
not enough hours
Regional Manager made for a hard work enviroment
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCAugust 27, 2015
Regional Manager's actions made the work enviroment challanging. Company did not reflect those at all. Over all a good place to work.
Great job but a bit hectic
Regional Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCApril 2, 2015
A typical day is very hectic but rewarding. During my time with NPR I was able to hone my management skills and learned a lot more about how to be a good property manager.
Poor Company to work for
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 25, 2015
Two weeks into employment received word my mom in Newfoundland was into her final days, travelled to be with her. She died the next day.

Instead of getting the normal condolescscenes I received a termination notice sitting next to my dieing mother, the big boss was clearing house. My boss, me, and others.

Not my idea of a job anyways, the staff were great in our office at the time but upon her arrival the stress was so obvious.

very unorganized company and poor management
Pretty good workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2014
Good coworkers, free water, enjoyable place to work. Good office culture.
Friendly Co-workers and diversified job
Mortgage/Insurance Administrator, Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2012
Coming from a legal background to a completely different working enviroment was difficult. I had to learn more than the basics of Excel as this was the main source of my work. As well, I dealt with a lot of our smaller offices in remote areas of Canada (Nunuvat/NWT)

My co-workers were very helpful and understanding. As daily meetings with different departments were required, I found this to be one of the more challenging parts of the job.

Unfortunately, the job was taking on a more "accounting" type feel and coming from a legal background, the fit was not there.
Pros
learned different programs not used in the legal field.
Cons
accounting background was need for this job