Northern Property REIT Employee Review

View all Northern Property REIT reviews

Friendly Co-workers and diversified job
Mortgage/Insurance Administrator, Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2012
Coming from a legal background to a completely different working enviroment was difficult. I had to learn more than the basics of Excel as this was the main source of my work. As well, I dealt with a lot of our smaller offices in remote areas of Canada (Nunuvat/NWT)

My co-workers were very helpful and understanding. As daily meetings with different departments were required, I found this to be one of the more challenging parts of the job.

Unfortunately, the job was taking on a more "accounting" type feel and coming from a legal background, the fit was not there.
Pros
learned different programs not used in the legal field.
Cons
accounting background was need for this job

Other Northern Property REIT Employee Reviews

Little Support
Commercial Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Iqaluit, NU28 September 2017
New staff receive very little on the job training and are required to sink or swim.
The sick leave policy is not adequate for a position in the north.
The compensation and benefits package is inadequate
The Management makes a lot of promises regarding bonuses and pay increases but there is very little follow through on these promises.
Pros
subsidized housing
Cons
on call 24/7 with no extra pay or incentives
Very clicky place
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB6 January 2017
I found it to be a little difficult to work there at times. The staff had there own little groups and did a lot of gossiping about other staff members which made it very difficult at times to work.
Pros
Pay was not to bad
Cons
Benefits were horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Property REIT. Our community is ready to answer.