Northern Property REIT Employee Reviews

Very clicky place
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB6 January 2017
I found it to be a little difficult to work there at times. The staff had there own little groups and did a lot of gossiping about other staff members which made it very difficult at times to work.
Pros
Pay was not to bad
Cons
Benefits were horrible
Fun somthing new every day.Agood job but away from home too much.A good company but not the right fit for me.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 December 2016
the hardest part of the job was being out of town.I liked to be with my family every night.II also did not like traveling.I am only 1 block away from Safeway.I enjoyed working for the company but I am turning 53 this Jan. I am looking for light duty work.Northern Properties had me doing different tasks all the time,so it was enjoyable and new,but i just want to be near home.
Pros
per diem
Cons
long hours and out of town all the time
Used this Job as Temp Stepping Stone
Boiler Technician (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT4 September 2016
The only thing this job had going for it was large and diverse range of boilers under my care. No benefits, pay was poor and would not recommend this job to anyone.
Acceptable company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2015
It is a fine job but they do not pay what you deserve unless you say I am leaving.
I have resigned but it is very easy to get fired their.
Great company to work for
Office Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2015
Everyone is helpful when you have questions and coaching skills are great. Learned lots about insurance (which I have no background in), My supervisor was easy to work with and was available to answer any questions. I enjoyed all aspects of the job.
amazing group of people
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  chetwynd BC11 October 2015
Absolutely love working for Northern Properties in chetwynd BC. The people alone made me excited to get up every morning and go to work. Definitely one of my favourite places I have ever worked. Everyone is so kind and the teamwork is amazing. Management is so understanding.
Pros
great people and very family orientated
Cons
not enough hours
Regional Manager made for a hard work enviroment
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 August 2015
Regional Manager's actions made the work enviroment challanging. Company did not reflect those at all. Over all a good place to work.
Great job but a bit hectic
Regional Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC2 April 2015
A typical day is very hectic but rewarding. During my time with NPR I was able to hone my management skills and learned a lot more about how to be a good property manager.
Poor Company to work for
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 January 2015
Two weeks into employment received word my mom in Newfoundland was into her final days, travelled to be with her. She died the next day.

Instead of getting the normal condolescscenes I received a termination notice sitting next to my dieing mother, the big boss was clearing house. My boss, me, and others.

Not my idea of a job anyways, the staff were great in our office at the time but upon her arrival the stress was so obvious.

very unorganized company and poor management
Pretty good workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2014
Good coworkers, free water, enjoyable place to work. Good office culture.
Good company with a few bad apples
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 November 2013
Job looked like a dream come true. Had a fantastic week of training at corporate office, then onto the work site. My direct supervisor had poor ethical standards. Very impressed with the rest of the company, just one bad apple. Wish my trainer had been my supervisor, I would have remained with the company for a very long time.
Friendly Co-workers and diversified job
Mortgage/Insurance Administrator, Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2012
Coming from a legal background to a completely different working enviroment was difficult. I had to learn more than the basics of Excel as this was the main source of my work. As well, I dealt with a lot of our smaller offices in remote areas of Canada (Nunuvat/NWT)

My co-workers were very helpful and understanding. As daily meetings with different departments were required, I found this to be one of the more challenging parts of the job.

Unfortunately, the job was taking on a more "accounting" type feel and coming from a legal background, the fit was not there.
Pros
learned different programs not used in the legal field.
Cons
accounting background was need for this job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Property REIT. Our community is ready to answer.