NORTHERN MAT & BRIDGE LP Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Family Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  AlbertaJuly 5, 2016
I have worked at Northern for a handful of years. Great company to work for, that has involvment in many industries. They treat their employees good, like family. If you work hard you will be rewarded, if not I have seen the bad apples go. Communication could be improved, but tough to find a compnay that can't improve in that area. If you are dedicated, this is a great place to grow your career.
Pros
Good hours, work all over Canada, great culture, travelling
Cons
Away from home, communication
Great employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 25, 2016
The employees at northern mat are always going above and beyond. They deserve a lot more credit then they get. Northern mat is a good company to work for however the management have no idea what's going on in their own company. It will take a long time for you to advance. They are dishonest and don't follow the laws. Only few employees there are great to work with!
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No advancement
Unreliable and dishonest
Administration (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABMay 25, 2016
Began working there as a very happy employee, there was a point when I lived my job and the company. The CEO is an incredibly caring guy and easy to get along with however the management has a major communication breakdown.

I left on maternity leave on what I felt were good terms with plans to return and even asked if they would be willing to do part time, but I was told they were slow and may have to let me go. They waited until two weeks before my return date to lay me off before my mat leave was completed (not the way I thought a good company should treat an employee), and gave me one week to sign there agreement. Which left me only one week to consult with a lawyer, I was told to bring it to court by the labor board and human rights and ask for more money...in the end I settled for less then I should have being j was in need of money with two kids, a house, car etc. And left with no job in a poor economy with not many jobs available and no chance of getting EI.

I was very disappointed that I had so much faith in the company and they ended up being "that type" of workplace.
Cons
Office drama and poor management
a top notch and responsible company in regards to both customer and employee satisfaction
lowbed operator (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, ABAugust 23, 2015
a very supportive management company with a huge safety culture . very progressive in their employee benefits structure which is very generous . Management is very accessible and forthcoming when dealing with professional and personal issues that arise .
Pros
superior lodging
Cons
long work intervals before days off
Operator (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJanuary 23, 2014
Northern is probably he best employer I have worked for. One of the best groups of people I have worked with. ANd not just out in the field, but management at head office. They listen and are easy to approach. Built good relationships their. We also got some perks that are un-heard of from most employers in the patch. I left because I thought the grass was greener somewher else. Wasn't the case.
Pros
good company, good people to work with
Cons
lots of hours, so not really a con
NMB looks after their employees
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan, MBSeptember 10, 2013
You have to be a self starter and are responsible to generate new clients and maintain the established clients.
NMB are very supportive.

Due to a death in the family I had to quit and NMB were there for us the whole way.

NORTHERN MAT & BRIDGE LP Reviews by Location