NORTHERN MAT & BRIDGE LP Employee Reviews

great workplace
rig mats (Former Employee) –  Rycroft, AB25 September 2017
it's a amazing job hope I can work there again. it's a safe environment and people are really good to get along with there. if I have the chance to work there again I will
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
small lunch hrs
Excellent company, great people.
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 April 2017
Very safety minded company, very professional culture and attitude. Good field equipment, very experienced field staff. Wages could be better but are not bad, the job culture and environment make up for wage. Overall a great company.
Pros
Safety culture, positivity. Good equipment.
Mat Plant
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Rycroft, AB3 March 2017
I enjoy building mats. We build wooden mats nothin to due with steel, so not sure why somebody below says that. Good full time work and good boss. Lots of bbqs and lunches. Workers get along great and fun to joke wit.
Pros
bbq's, friends
I came back
Operator (Former Employee) –  BC9 February 2017
I left, but in the end came back. It's a good job with good people. After working elsewhere, I realized Northern mat is my true home. They just treat you a special way you dont see with outher employers. You're not a number, but rather a team member.
Pros
Hours, Employees, Travel, Perks
Cons
Away from home on occasion
class one
Class one truck driver (Former Employee) –  Alberta21 November 2016
As an employee of northern mat You are on the go all the time. on call 24/7 unless you book time off. That is the hardest part of the job.
Strong company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 September 2016
I have worked for many companies in my career and the one that stands out is NMB. They are a great company to work for, and most people get along without any issue. Perks and benefits were always good and recognition when deserved. Something that always was missing in other companies I have worked for.
Pros
Good People, Perks
Great Family Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Alberta5 July 2016
I have worked at Northern for a handful of years. Great company to work for, that has involvment in many industries. They treat their employees good, like family. If you work hard you will be rewarded, if not I have seen the bad apples go. Communication could be improved, but tough to find a compnay that can't improve in that area. If you are dedicated, this is a great place to grow your career.
Pros
Good hours, work all over Canada, great culture, travelling
Cons
Away from home, communication
Fun Place, Good People
Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 July 2016
I liked it here. Good team that works together. Most complainers that have left usually come back. Or were let go due to performance issues. If you like to work, this is a great place.
Pros
People, Perks, Training
Cons
Away from home
Great employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 May 2016
The employees at northern mat are always going above and beyond. They deserve a lot more credit then they get. Northern mat is a good company to work for however the management have no idea what's going on in their own company. It will take a long time for you to advance. They are dishonest and don't follow the laws. Only few employees there are great to work with!
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No advancement
A Excellent company to work for
Quality Control Shipping Rec laid off / Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Rycroft AB / Saskatchewan & Manitoba26 February 2016
I will work for NMB at anytime and would recommend them to anyone that wants to work for a company which is a responsible employer who gives 100% and expects it back with accompanying reward.
a top notch and responsible company in regards to both customer and employee satisfaction
lowbed operator (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB23 August 2015
a very supportive management company with a huge safety culture . very progressive in their employee benefits structure which is very generous . Management is very accessible and forthcoming when dealing with professional and personal issues that arise .
Pros
superior lodging
Cons
long work intervals before days off
Working in the mat plant
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 April 2015
Went into work for 7:30am and started building rig mats. The management was good, loved the people I worked with, always had a good moral and great team work.
Pros
Great team work!
Cons
Breaks were too close together
Demanding Factory Labour
Swamp Mat Assembly (Former Employee) –  Rycroft, AB2 July 2014
A constantly fast paced environment using tools and equipment to assemble swamp mats out of fir and oak wood planks. Highly safety orientated and overall good employee atmosphere.
Pros
Free Lunch and Safety Bonuses
Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta23 January 2014
Northern is probably he best employer I have worked for. One of the best groups of people I have worked with. ANd not just out in the field, but management at head office. They listen and are easy to approach. Built good relationships their. We also got some perks that are un-heard of from most employers in the patch. I left because I thought the grass was greener somewher else. Wasn't the case.
Pros
Good company, good people to work with
Cons
Lots of hours, so not really a con
Excellent co-workers and management teamwork
Field Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie Alberta15 November 2013
I have worked for Northern Mat and Bridge for almost two years now and it has enabled me to travel all over western Canada working in a career that I fought hard to get in to. I am happy to be a part of this company. Throughout my time with this company I was able to begin my journey towards CRSP designation and allowed me to already learn so much about safety culture that I have never expected. Hardest part of my job is the Bud to Boss mentality that is extremely important to have a grasp on. The most enjoyable part of my job is travelling to different places.
Pros
Company pickup
Cons
Away from family alot
NMB looks after their employees
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan, MB10 September 2013
You have to be a self starter and are responsible to generate new clients and maintain the established clients.
NMB are very supportive.

Due to a death in the family I had to quit and NMB were there for us the whole way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORTHERN MAT & BRIDGE LP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3