Annual salary of $94,859.07-107,105.89 plus an excellent benefit package are offered. Relocation package and opportunities for Professional Development are also available. This is an Excluded Position.
DESCRIPTION: The Dean of Continuing Education is responsible for contract training and International students. The incumbent supervises up to ten full-time faculty. All operations in this department are on a cost recovery basis with predetermined revenue targets.
- Supervises full and part time faculty to ensure instructional quality and consistency.
- Responsible for evaluating faculty on a regular basis and recommend appropriate actions to improve instruction and monitors change of instructional practice.
- Proved guidance to new faculty regarding accepted procedures for their operation within college guidelines and policy.
- Ensure faculty is apprised of coming changes to the college direction or implementation of changes to operational procedures.
- Administers collective agreement.
- Responsible for program development by foreseeing what communities are going to need in the area of training and skill development to meet the emerging needs of business and industry.
- Responsible for being up to date on business and industry needs and new and emerging technologies espoused by the industrial sector.
- Responsible for revenue generation in the Workforce training division.
Internal and External Liaison
- Liaise with other administrators for support or information sharing to ensure that division is linked closely with the regular ongoing program areas.
- Liaise with external stakeholders including government organizations, First Nation groups, industry owners and supervisors to determine what training and educational programs are required.
The technical requirements for this job would typically be acquired through a Masters in Educational Administration or Leadership plus a Trades or Technology certificate or related area of study, plus 10 years teaching experience and five years supervisory experience in a union environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Campus programs, policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of relevant Collective Agreements
- Knowledge of provincial post secondary system
- Knowledge of provincial technical training guidelines and processes
- Knowledge of industrial practices and business processes
- Strong supervisory skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent organizational and scheduling skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales and marketing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Budget management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Supervises up to 10 faculty staff
- Primary responsibility for budget >$3,000,000
Internal applicants are encouraged to confirm the impact upon their employee status and benefits eligibility before accepting a new position with the College. Please contact Payroll/Benefits staff at the NLC Regional Office, Dawson Creek, for information and assistance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with NLC, however; only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged. Please note that all internal candidates will be given first consideration. All applicants are advised that prior to confirmation of employment, the successful employee must demonstrate satisfactory results of a criminal record search.