Northern Lights Canada is looking for dedicated, self-directed team members. We offer an excellent work environment and company benefits.
Our vision is to become the best known and most respected provider of quality human services throughout Canada.
The foundation of NLC is our values. We have identified six core values that form our approach to serving clients, customers and each other:
Person Centered, Inclusiveness, Empowering, Team, Excellence, Integrity
Position: Project Coordinator – Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Status: Full-Time Permanent
The Project Coordinator provides support and leadership to a self-directed team ensuring that customer and Northern Lights Canada requirements are met or exceeded.
- Completed post-secondary education from a recognized Canadian Institute, or its equivalent; and;
- RRP/CCRC, and RVP, CVE, or CVE
- Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, or Kinesiologist - considered an asset
- Minimum three-years working in Vocational Rehabilitation field
- Leadership in a self-directed and/or virtual team
- Have worked in an outcomes-based environment
- Vocational assessment, planning, and report review
- Successful problem-solving, planning, decision-making, and time-management skills
- Exceptional report writing and review skills
- Excellent verbal communication demonstrated through everyday dealings with team, clients, and customers
- Demonstrated counselling skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of disabling conditions and accommodations
- Knowledge of the local and provincial labour markets
- Knowledge of community and government resources available to clients
- General knowledge of Employment and Human Resources Legislation and practices considered an asset
- French language is an asset.
Hours and Duration:
40 hours per week, Monday to 8:30am to 4:30pm subject to change. Travel is required.
Hourly Rate: Project Coordinator pay scale applies.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume, in Word of PDF format, by email
Please place PCVR–Your Last Name/Durham in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: November 26, 2012
Northern Lights Canada is committed to all aspects of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Human Rights Code and strives to ensure that all locations provide barrier free services, supports, environments, and employment. NLC recognizes that the key principals of accessibility and diversity are dignity, integration, and equality.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.