Job Location: Fort McKay
Reports to: FMK Branch Manager
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; Term with possibility of extension;
A Northern Industrial Sales Warehouse Associate is a team player who coordinates the receiving, put-away, picking, and shipping of products in an organized and timely manner from a branch warehouse location.
Shipping and Receiving
- Receive, unpack, count, identify and store inventory.
- Arrange to ship or issue various purchased and processed materials.
- Ensure boxes, pallets or other packaged materials are packed safely and securely to ensure customer receives product free of damages.
- Follow dangerous goods shipping and receiving procedures as required.
- Check material received with purchase order specifications.
- Communicate with couriers and delivery drivers to maintain a professional working relationship.
- Load and unload trucks, moves material within warehouse.
- Check, accumulate and ship materials to designated areas.
- Complete paperwork and maintain files in connection with stock transfers, purchase orders, shipping and receiving documents.
- Operate manual or power lift truck as required.
- Use mechanical tools. Provide adequate crates and protection for items shipped or stored in warehouse.
- Keep work areas clean and orderly.
Picking and put-away
- Put stock orders away and replenish retail displays
- Pick and pack customer orders from a computer generated pick slip, quote or open order
- In branches with Hydraulic Hose Machine, Hydraulic Wire Rope Press, Pipe Threader – warehouse associate will be the trained specialist on this equipment
- In branches that handle Air liquide Gases, Warehouse Associate will be involved in safely handling these bottles at the branch level
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Valid forklift operator’s license
- Previous shipping/receiving experience
- Proven team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certified and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) training
- Ability to manipulate a variety of cylinder sizes and weights as required
- Knowledge of compressed gases and safe handling
- Knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals & fractions.
- ISO 9001 certification requirements knowledge
Experience with Navision considered a definite asset.
Warehouse environment, steel toe work boots/shoes required, gloves and safety glasses supplied. Heavy lifting will also be required.
Indeed - 6 months ago
Northern Industrial Sales (NIS) has over 120,000 available industrial, safety, janitorial and building supply items in our product lines and...