Job Location: Fort McKay
Reports to: FMK Branch Manager
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; Term with possibility of extension;
A Northern Industrial Sales Warehouse Associate is a team player who coordinates the receiving, put-away, picking, and shipping of products in an organized and timely manner from a branch warehouse location.
Shipping and Receiving
- Receive, unpack, count, identify and store inventory.
- Arrange to ship or issue various purchased and processed materials.
- Ensure boxes, pallets or other packaged materials are packed safely and securely to ensure customer receives product free of damages.
- Follow dangerous goods shipping and receiving procedures as required.
- Check material received with purchase order specifications.
- Communicate with couriers and delivery drivers to maintain a professional working relationship.
- Load and unload trucks, moves material within warehouse.
- Check, accumulate and ship materials to designated areas.
- Complete paperwork and maintain files in connection with stock transfers, purchase orders, shipping and receiving documents.
- Operate manual or power lift truck as required.
- Use mechanical tools. Provide adequate crates and protection for items shipped or stored in warehouse.
- Keep work areas clean and orderly.
Picking and put-away
- Put stock orders away and replenish retail displays
- Pick and pack customer orders from a computer generated pick slip, quote or open order
- In branches with Hydraulic Hose Machine, Hydraulic Wire Rope Press, Pipe Threader – warehouse associate will be the trained specialist on this equipment
- In branches that handle Air liquide Gases, Warehouse Associate will be involved in safely handling these bottles at the branch level
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Valid forklift operator’s license
- Previous shipping/receiving experience
- Proven team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certified and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) training
- Ability to manipulate a variety of cylinder sizes and weights as required
- Knowledge of compressed gases and safe handling
- Knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals & fractions.
- ISO 9001 certification requirements knowledge
Experience with Navision considered a definite asset.
Warehouse environment, steel toe work boots/shoes required, gloves and safety glasses supplied. Heavy lifting will also be required.
Northern Industrial Sales (NIS) has over 120,000 available industrial, safety, janitorial and building supply items in our product lines and...