Territory - Prince Rupert
Reports to - BC Regional Market Manager
The Account Executive is responsible for selling NIS products and services, and up selling to higher products and services. She/he is expected to penetrate existing accounts and sell warm leads. It is imperative for this role that the Account Executive establishes ongoing rapport with existing customers. The Account Executive will assist in developing strong customer relationships within an assigned territory or area to provide in-depth customer solutions. Executives will be required to offer a wide variety of solutions to existing customers and grow partner relationships within an assigned territory and with current customers. She/he is responsible for establishing developing current business relationships and ensuring client satisfaction. She/he works with a degree of autonomy. An account executive seeks and follows references attained from existing clients. She/he seeks out purchasing decision makers and develops working relationships with them. She/he designs and delivers presentations highlighting the products and services of her company, negotiates contract terms with clients and successfully closes sales. She/he works towards exceeding predetermined quotas set by the supervisor.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Problem Solving
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Result Focus
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Ethics and Integrity
- Accountability and Dependability
- Team Work
- Develop and maintain close relations with local business community in order to fulfill NIS client’s needs more effectively.
- Promote NIS through conventions, trade shows, public relations, etc.
- Be familiar with all seminars, services, applications, and instructors in order to discuss and explain materials to prospective clients.
- Visit potential clients and explain NIS products and services.
- Ensure sales conversations result in closing sales.
- Grow customer base within territory or area.
- Provide consultation to customers regarding their needs.
- Work with internal departments to ensure customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Achieve Sales Goals
- Work with sales management to develop relationships with key vendor partners in territory.
- Build customer loyalty, ensuring communication is open and efficient.
- Keep up to date on product and industry knowledge
- Attend product training as required
- Prospect and forecast on a monthly basis
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Collaborate with Sales Supervisor to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions.
- Assist in creating Request for Proposal (RFP) responses to potential clients.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to existing customers via telephone and e-mail cross-sell and up-sell.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Coordinate customer training as necessary.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
- Ensure complete information is kept with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, and so on.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues.
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
- Cold-call prospects, including those generated by external sources of lead.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Conduct self analysis to manage personal sales performance against corporate objectives and market developments.
- Communicate brand identity internally to pertinent business units, key business partners, and the customer base.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop short- and long-term strategic plans.
- Provide input from sales – including growth, competitive analysis, market trends, and business environment – for strategic planning processes.
- Handling the most complex customer complaints or enquiries
- Complete other job duties as necessary.
- Minimum 5 year sales experience. Field experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Meticulous record keeping skills.
- Professional appearance and telephone manners.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Work, Excel & PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as requiredt
Indeed - 9 months ago
Northern Industrial Sales (NIS) has over 120,000 available industrial, safety, janitorial and building supply items in our product lines and...