Northern Health

Northern Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent place to work.
Admitting,Housekeeping,Med records. (Former Employee), Chetwynd, BCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good hrs
Cons: casual position
Great staff. Enjoyed working for this company they were very accomodating have great work place ethic.
good place to work
GR Baker Hospital and Locum sites (Former Employee), QuesnelAugust 17, 2013
good place to work some interpersonal drama between staff, strict process a great place to learn, and develop,
Fun, relaxed , enviroment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Prince George, BCAugust 8, 2013
Pros: working with residents and their family
Cons: residents passing
Shifts are very busy and being able to multitask is a definite asset. Shifts start as early as 5am and you can be called as early as 4am. The staff from my co-workers to management are friendly and helpful. Working for Northern Health was a very inspirational experience.
not the best place to work
cleaner (Former Employee), UHNBCMay 23, 2013
Pros: multiple areas to work
Cons: mismanaged! bully system used!
Aweful...not enough staff to do the work. Managers bully you if you speak up for yourself....can't get days off when requested, but they expect you to do OT for them without question...everyone is mad there
day to day learning experience
CleanerlBuilding service worker (Current Employee), kitimat,bcApril 13, 2012
Pros: interaction with the residents on my side
i go to work usually 15-20mins early ,start early. start my day with what is expected of me on a day to day basis .i am a team player and am always willing to help my fellow coworker ... i am always learning new skills and dealing through the conflicts that life and day to day deals me . the most enjoyable part of my job is dealing and helping the residents – more... on their daily needs when no one else is available – less
Great place to start a career
Social Worker (Former Employee), AustraliaApril 8, 2013
Northern Health provides opportunities for Social Workers to develop their skills and set their career off in the right direction.
My Practicum placement was here
Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee), FSJ hospital and Peace VillaOctober 5, 2012
Pros: busy, fast paced environment
Cons: hospital run rather poorly ... patient care is not a priority
I had an amazing time doing my three week practicum in FSJ ... Amazing people in the hospital and residents are wonderful... I was offered a job many times in my three weeks there but sadly had to decline, as my family and I aren't ready to relocate so far north!
High paced and challenging.
Staffing Clerk (Current Employee), Prince GeorgeFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: professional setting, great work environment
Cons: not much job stability
Provides lots of experience dealing with employees and dealing with employee discrepancy's in unionized positions. At times can be considered high paced and challenging but can also prove to be rewarding for certain individuals.

October 25, 2012

This place is to forget! spend only good for hwy 5! and put gas. no nothing! only 2 bars closed, two liquor stores closed, a food store closed! Here life is 4 hrs per day depressing and depressed ever not want to work here, if you are a young, no malls cinema does not bar all, if you're an adult die faster ... ! Vancouver now work as this is paradise! Comparison Saskatchewan.

About Northern Health

Make a difference in the lives of others and in your own. Join Northern Health! Northern Health leads the way in promoting – Read more