ABOUT NORTHERN CROSS YUKON:
Northern Cross (Yukon) Limited (Northern Cross) was incorporated in 1994 by founders David Thompson, CEO, and Richard Wyman, President. The company has its corporate headquarters in Calgary, but also has an office in Whitehorse. CNOOC International Inc., one of China’s largest independent oil and natural gas companies, is a significant shareholder of Northern Cross. This investment provides Northern Cross with the capital to honour its commitments in Yukon and provides longer term financial and technical support to advance Northern Cross’s business plan.
Northern Cross is the majority working interest owner and operator of three Significant Discovery Licenses (SDL’s) located in the Eagle Plain Region of northern Yukon. The three SDL’s include four wells, all of which were drilled in the 1960’s but never achieved commercial production status. The Company has continued to acquire petroleum and natural gas rights in Eagle Plain and currently owns and operates approximately 1.3 million acres, the majority of which are 100% working interest. This year Northern Cross began a significant exploration drilling program at Eagle Plain to evaluate a broad range of conventional and unconventional resource opportunities.
POSITION TITLE: Administration Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Operations
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, this full-time, Calgary based role is responsible for directing and managing the general day-to day administrative activities associated with the oil and gas exploration operations in the Yukon frontier basin for Northern Cross Yukon Ltd (NCY).
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and report on budgeted versus actual operations costs;
- Develop and implement processes for initiating, tracking and reconciling all cost commitment including purchase orders, master service agreements, service orders and field tickets;
- Develop and manage dispute resolution process supporting vendor accounts and invoice, field ticket, cost and authorization for expenditure reconciliations;
- Support the accounting department in the reconciliation of budgeted to actual expenditures for operations;
- Support operations procurement activities including the data entry of purchase orders as required;
- Track, manage, update and administer all vendor Master Service Agreements for operations;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with NCY field supervisors, vendors, suppliers and service providers;
- Manage information for operations filing and reporting;
- Develop, manage and maintain all paper and electronic well files, project files and operations files;
- Support the NCY Yukon field office as required;
- Support the preparation and submission of regulatory applications, licence requests, licence amendments, environmental assessments, water testing and other documentation as required for ongoing operations and new projects;
- Provide administrative support for the development and execution of corporate and site specific Emergency Response Plans (ERP), Environmental Protection Plans (EPP) and all Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) Policies, training and materials;
- Provide administrative support for the operations budgeting and cost estimate process;
- Manage, mentor and develop administrative support staff;
- 5+ years experience in a progressively more responsible Administrative and/or technical support position within the Oil & Gas industry;
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Financial accounting and field cost accounting processes for Oil & Gas;
- Regulatory reporting and submission requirements for exploration & development activities;
- Interpreting and understanding government regulations;
- Oil field related activities & drilling operations;
- Managing critical external and internal stakeholder relationships;
- Proven interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel;
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment;
- Physical basic office duties as required;
- Lifting a maximum of 20kgs;
- Administrative Assistant – Operations
START DATE: ASAP
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Feb. 28th, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our client’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.