Located in Burlington Ontario, Northern Concrete CCD Inc. Is a quickly growing ICI Construction, Bridge and Demolition Company looking for a goal-oriented team player to join our firm immediately.
About the Job:
This position is responsible for bid preparation and submittal in pursuit of ICI, demolition, municipal, industrial, bridge rehabilitation projects.
The perfect candidate will be able to source work via various websites, prepare contract documents and specifications c/w quantity take-of and pricing for review with senior management for bid strategies.
- Identify scope of works based on blueprints, drawings, specifications, addendums and other bidding documents
- Perform quantity takeoffs including labour, materials, equipment and volumes
- Maintain and update database of construction estimating, directory of suppliers, contractors, architect, engineers and subcontractors
- Able to manage and organize numerous tenders at once
- Visit job showings as necessary
Work Conditions and Essential Skills:
- Fast paced environment, works well under pressure, attention to detail.
- Reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory, finding information, computer use and continuous learning.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Diploma / Degree – Construction / Gold Seal Certified an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive responsibility estimating including heavy construction capacity.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and tender documents
- Thorough knowledge of contract language, terms and conditions, bonding etc.
- Basic knowledge of job cost fundamentals and basic accounting
- Ability to produce detailed, final cost estimates
- Ability to access site exposures/construction risks and be able to appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate
- Ability to identify constructability issues through the estimating process
- Extensive computer knowledge
Salary commensurate with experience, Please state salary objectives with your application.