POSITION TITLE: Career Programs and International Services Officer
STATUS: Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Payband G
SALARY: $27.46 - $31.83/hr (35 hrs/wk)
STARTING SALARY: $27.46/hr
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
DIVISION: Admissions & Student Recruitment
COMPETITION #: 13-34
CLOSING DATE: October 16, 2013
Does your dream job include working with friendly and helpful colleagues, a convenient short commute and a scenic lake view?
Northern College is committed to the success and well being of our students, staff and communities. Our ability to serve as a hub of education, innovation and transformation in northeastern Ontario is made possible through our valued team of vibrant and dedicated employees.
The health and happiness of our employees is essential! We offer a competitive compensation package: a defined benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to a wellness program and a fully equipped gym. All this from the doorstep of northern Ontario’s outdoor recreation playground!
Our people do meaningful work in a friendly and supportive environment and have opportunities for professional development and advancement through the college system. If you’re interested in joining our team for a rewarding career, we’d love to hear from you.
- You will report to the Manager of Admissions, Student Recruitment and International Office.
- You will promote program and training opportunities to potential learners concentrating on Career Programs in areas such as Second Career eligible applicants and international markets.
- You will develop international student recruitment and community liaison initiatives with a variety of audiences including: pre-determined agents, ministry officials, international educators, existing college personnel and prospective students.
- You will provide liaison and recruitment services to potential applicants and community agencies such as: Employment Ontario Assessment Centres and international recruitment partners and agents to ensure effective and coordinated services.
- You will advise new prospects and will plan, organize and implement career programs and special international recruiting events in conjunction with our international partners.
- You will organize special events, activities and assist with initiatives related to all facets of the recruitment of both domestic and international students.
- Will set up a one-stop-shop for international queries and practices.
A detailed job description for this position is available in the Human Resources Division.
- Two year college diploma in: Business; Marketing; Human Services; or International Relations
- Three years’ progressive experience in a related function preferably within a college, along with business, social or education research experience that includes: the use of statistical, spreadsheet, word processing and database software.
- Experience in delivering presentations to large and small groups
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with stakeholders and other staff within the Admissions/Recruitment department and the college.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written, listening, verbal) skills to interact with the college’s multi-cultural/racial/able staff, students, parents and public.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and balance competing demands while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with print and electronic resources and tools, knowledge and application of marketing theory in an electronic environment, experience analyzing and interpreting data, writing summative reports, and completing detailed letters of support using various resources.
- Highly energetic to manage overtime requirements during peak periods and travel within the Province as required.
Proof of valid WHMIS/WHMIS Review card is a requirement for employment with Northern College.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer